t w e n t y

"You're almost there Karley"

"Run faster"

"You're going to die if you don't hurry"

"Just a little further"

I closed my eyes tightly, leaning against a tree as my body tan cold and his voice haunted me no matter how much I ran.

My fingers began to prune, covered in blood as I held my hand down against my stomach, hoping to stop the blood flowing as well as catching my breath and trying to stay focused on getting myself out of here.

"Don't slowdown" There it was, just as I began moving again, his painfully missed voice edging me to do better than I was.

"Cole you're not helping" I gritted my teeth, my fingers gripping my stomach and my feet dragging me knowing that no matter how weak I felt, I had to keep going.

"Karley, I'm in your head, how am I supposed to help?"

"Shut up maybe while I concentrate on saving my own life!" I snapped, and even though I could hear him and feel his presence. I couldn't actually see anything of him.

"You have a stab wound Karley, come on, I've seen you get through things rougher than this" He taunted and I groaned.

"I can't go any further." I panted, heading towards the first set of double doors I could see. "I just feel so weak without him. It's all my fault." I swallowed, allowing my hands to push against the handles, using my body weight to fall against the doors and push them open, my body hitting the ground as a few gasps surrounded me.

"Someone help! She's hurt!" A student yelled as they crowded me. And for a moment I let myself give into the pain knowing that now I was where I needed to be, i'd hopefully heal in no time with their help.

"Karley oh my god you're here, you're okay, we thought we lost you again where have you been?!" I blinked softly, looking up as Lydia pushed herself
through the crowd and leaned down by my side.

I smiled softly, just thankful to see her gorgeous strawberry curls and her glossy lips that always got everyone's attention. I let out a small breath, allowing my eyes to go heavy as I placed my hand on top of hers. "Lydia" I whispered, watching as she panicked and pressed her lips together, nodding to let me know she was right there until I finally gave in and closed my eyes to rest.

|||

"What's happened to her?" Lydia repeatedly jumped at Melissa for answers once she had finished doing her job.

"She's fine, it looked like she was stabbed but she wasn't healing. She also seemed to have hit her head" She lifted up some photographs of the injuries and Lydia shook her head.

"Why? Why isn't she healing"

Melissa hesitated sighing as she swallowed before meeting her eyes again "Melissa? What happened?"

"We did some tests. I think Karley has lost some of her memory. From blunt trauma maybe. She's lucky she's even alive."

Lydia was quiet for a minute before she shook her head again and aagin, "But she knew who I was. She lead herself to the school she knew what she was doing she got herself back here for help. What makes you think her memory has been lost?"

Mellisa placed a hand on Lydia's shoulder as she gave her a second to calm down before continuing to explain, "You're right. She does seem like she knows us all fine. But the minute I asked her how long she had been hurt for and why it hadn't healed, all she kept saying was it was her fault he was gone. It was her fault the plan didn't work, that it should've been her to go under and she deserves to suffer the consequences."