n i n e t e e n

We found ourselves the next day wandering through Dereks apartment trying to figure out what was going on with Parrish and why he was a target to the deadpool.

Derek held both of his wrists as he turned them over and back again "Covered you in gasoline?" He questioned and Parrish only nodded.

"It's the hair and nails isn't it? The parts of body that are usually dead" Lydia looked up at them as I walked back over, standing in between Derek and Scott.

"They should be gone"

"I was set on fire, all of me should be gone" Parrish's words were full of concern and confusion

"he might be like us" Scott peeped in and Parrish turned his head

"Like you?"

"I don't think he's like us" Derek swallowed and let go of the deputy's hands.

"What is he?"

"I'm sorry but I have no idea" He shook his head as he looked at us all.

"But you knew about Jackson and Kira"

"This is a little out of my experience, there might be something in the beastiary, did you try Argent?" Derek crossed his arms and Scott shook his head a little

"I don't know where he is" he admitted

"alright hold on what's a beastiary? That's not even my first question. Just tell me one thing are all you guys like Lydia?" Parrish nodded towards the strawberry blonde. "Are you guys physic?"

I stood there silent, unsure whether to laugh or panic or to just walk away. I know how it felt to find out you weren't entirely human and to know what I was capable of totally freaked me out to the max, I could only imagine just how Parrish was feeling right now.

"Psychic?" Derek laughed under his breath "Yeah"

"Not exactly" I finally spoke and Parrish looked at me with a weird expression "Okay then...what are you?"

Derek used his head to shrug at the Scott and I and I sighed.

The both of us nodded, closing our eyes before opening them again to them to reveal our two completely unusual colours. Scott's shone their bright personal red whereas mine were now glowing an unblemished purple.

***

"Careful with that" Derek approached Scott as he held a gun in his hands. Derek took it of him and placed it back down. "I thought you didn't like guns" Derek looked down at it and pressed his lips together.

"Does this have something to do with your eyes?"

"My eyes, the strength, the healing. All of it" Derek looked up before looking back down at Scott "Gone?"

"Whatever Kate did to me, it's still happening" Derek moved somethings around before looking back up to Scott.

"Where did you get those bruises?" Scott scrunched his eyes immediately at his question "what bruises?"

"Them. On your neck, and probably on your collar bone, and chest, and where ever else she decided to go down on you" Scott's mouth dropped open as Derek laughed at him "How did you know it was..."

"I recognise them, she stayed here a lot with Isaac you know but I don't think they were like how you guys are"

"What do you mean?" Scott swallowed as he crossed his arms.

"She told me she thought she found her anchor, and that's when she started hanging around you. She's different around you, she seems happier, she looks like she feels safe." Scott smiled at Derek who laughed at him again. "So, what are you guys now?" Derek continued to question.