T w e n t y O n e

I groaned, my eyes fluttering open as I pushed myself up from the ground. The room was black, cold surrounding me as I took a moment to think about where I could be.

"Scott?" I called out, taking a couple steps before me, the sounds of berserker skulls that laid on the floor cracking beneath my shoe and I cringed.

I moved towards the gate, a low light allowing me to see how it was slightly creaked open. I headed out, quietly following the path as I kept my eye out for Scott.

It was deadly silent, and all I could hear was the fast thump-thump of fear in my own heart beat. I slowed down slightly, stopping to turn my head and look behind me before I turned to face forward again.

My head twitched, a noise from behind making me  jump as it disturbed the quiet. There was a low growl and I swallowed as the figure moved into light.

And for a moment I couldn't move. A thirsty beserker stood before me as it breathed heavily, and even when I attempt to run the opposite way, it's brother appeared, grabbing my shoulder and smashing my body against the wall.

I opened my mouth to scream in pain, but no sound escaped my lips. As I rolled around on the ground the two beasts moved closer to me and so I used all my strength to push my body back up, where I took in a breath and prepared myself to face them again.

There was nothing else I knew I could possibly do. It was either fight and possibly die. Fight and possibly win or let them do what they wanted to do and take my life without a challenge.

But I knew that if I didn't fight to win, I wouldn't find Scott. And all of me knew if I didn't know if he was safe. If I wasn't able to see he was okay and get us both out of this mess, that would only take my life itself.

I flashed my yellow eyes at them, growling as they charged before me and with all the strength I held I fought back. Each time they knocked me down I took on every chance to pull myself back up again.

But after so many hits and slams into the ground and the walls, my body could only take so much. I was losing my breath and when I stumbled to face one of them once more, he gripped me by the throat, his strong fingers curling tighter around my neck.

I coughed, closing my eyes tightly and kicking with struggle. I gripped onto his wrists, looking into his eyes and for a moment my heart felt as if it stopped beating. I looked down towards the arms that held me up against the throat, the familiar thick twin lines that were embedded into the skin of someone I loved. The tattoo I always admired from the minute I knew what it meant and I gasped before being thrown back on the ground as he stood over me.

"I'm really going to have to do a better job at covering that up" Her voice was clear, moving closer as she now joined him, sliding her finger across the tattoo.

"Kate" I groaned, catching my breath as I pushed myself to sit up, "What did you do to him?" I raised my voice, my words breaking from the ache in my throat.

"How...how is the better story" Kate pointed
"See when I first got away from the calaveras' I had no idea where to go, but something, took me here. To the temple of La Iglesias, this place is the temple of a smoking mirror, obsidian." Kate dragged her nails across the wall, leaving three lines that buried within the dust and I just stayed there, still sat on the ground as I watched her. Scared to make a move.

"When I got here the berserkers were waiting for me, they helped me survive, and I didn't know quite why, until just recently. Until I decided to trust someone, I never thought I'd trust, it was then that I found out that I cannot only just control the berserkers but, I could create them" she smirked evilly, placing her hand on one of her beloved beast's chest's