[116] Bottled Up (Analogical)

Start from the beginning

It was only the start of the day and it already felt like, in a very simple phrase and word, shit. It was only eleven o'clock for heaven's sake! He had wished that he could've just bottle away his emotions one way or another, that way he wouldn't actually feel anything. God, he was feeling quite jealous that Patton and Roman both understood what feelings were. But he was Logic, he had no say in feelings at all. They clashed a lot and sometimes, it led to irrational decisions that would soon be regretted later in life.

Logan sighed for what seemed to the be umpteenth time that day. He could only think about how perfect Virgil was until now. Staggering towards the common room seemed to be quite a task for him, whose mind was on a certain someone. He hated how Virgil would cloud his thoughts and how he could take his breath away in a single glance. It was infuriating and overall annoying, so to speak.

He trudged into the common room to see Virgil, who was (as always) on his phone. His expression was bored and uninterested as he scrolled through what seemed to be Tumblr. He was slouching at his position on the couch, making Logan worry slightly if he might have a severe case of scoliosis. Logan cleared his throat, which got Virgil's attention and said, "Salutations, Virgil."

Virgil's entire demeanor changed as his eyes seemed to spark up some interest and a faint emotion was evident in his eyes for a short brief moment. He looked up from his phone and gave a short, curt nod before looking back at his phone, "'Sup."

Logan moved stiffly and took the seat which was perpendicular to where Virgil sat. Logan stifled a yawn and covered his face, hiding the forming blush that started to rise onto his face. If Virgil noticed the blush, he was very thankful that he didn't bother to acknowledge it. When he felt the blush leave his face, he slowly uncovered his face and sighed again. Logan could feel that Virgil was staring at him but didn't mind it. He was too caught up in his thoughts to bother anyway.

"Why are you out of your room at this time?" Virgil asked, not looking up from his phone. Logan raised an eyebrow at that, he didn't take Virgil as someone who would keep track of his schedule for him. Logan gave a short response and said, "I couldn't focus on my work, therefore I had decided to take a fifteen minute break."

Virgil hummed in agreement and said, "Is it something worth thinking about? Or is it like feelings and stuff? 'Cause I think Patton would be willing to help with that."

"No, no. Patton will not help me at all," Logan answered, shaking his head. Going to Patton for advice was like asking a dog to walk itself around the park. It was a foolish idea to begin with so he didn't bother. "Besides, I would've gone to him quite some time ago if I really needed some of his... emotional advice."

Virgil gave a face of distaste before shortly responding, "Ew, emotions."

"The bane of my existence," Logan added. They sat in silence for a few more minutes, Logan staring off into space, deep in thought, and Virgil, on his phone, taking short glances at Logan's concentrated face. It was not much of a secret that Virgil liked Logan, a lot.

Well, it was a complete secret between the two that was in plain obvious sight. Both Roman and Patton knew about it long before Logan felt certain things for Virgil. It was a bet they had made quite some time ago. Correction: they made that bet years ago. It was so obvious that both were madly in love with each other. Roman and Patton knew it, Thomas knew it, even Deceit knew it and he always hid in his room.

Logan checked the clock as it struck 11:15PM. He rose up, yawning softly as he gave a big stretch. He was unusually unproductive today, which was bad since he had to be busy. Imagine the amount of things he could've done in those fifteen minutes! Cursing to himself for being so lackadaisical, he waved at Virgil before striding back to his room.