[71] Snow (Analogical)

Original: March 31, 2018

July 11, 2018

It was quite a windy day in the mindscape. Well, it was actually snowing. Thomas has managed to bring himself back into his mindscape. (Nearly said mind palace til I realized this wasn't Sherlock. Oops)

Remy and Deceit decided to go all sneaky and hide in the snow. Patton, Thomas and Roman also decided to play some hide and seek with them. This left Logan back inside the house, thinking and pondering.

It's not that he doesn't like to think a lot, it's because his thoughts usually circulated around a specific someone, or rather, a specific side.

If it wasn't obvious enough, he was daydreaming about him. The other four took notice of that and approached Logan, which surprised him. He didn't know that they weren't a bunch of airheads after all.

So, here he was, in the mindscape, totally doing nothing. Well, that was until Patton decided to drag the man outside.

"Come on, Logan. It'll be fun," Patton whined as he dragged the said trait outside the house they had. "Besides, isn't it healthy to stay outdoors not indoors all the time?"

"Patton, I'm not saying that it isn't healthy, it's usually better to stay outdoors—"

"Please, Logan. Thomas wants to play with you too. Please?" Damn it, he was doing that thing again with his eyes.

Logan tried to look away but the eyes were just so intolerable.

Taking a shaky breathe, he prepared and said, "Fine; I should go get my things."

Patton shouted a "horray" and went back outside to join the other sides and Thomas that was waiting for the response.

Logan chuckled as he placed on a ton of clothes and shuffled outside. He had only stayed outside for at least an hour when the effects became more evident.

"Logan? You okay?" Thomas asked, concerned because he could see that the logical trait's nose getting redder and redder. It couldn't be a blush because it was only his nose that was getting red.

His whole face also seemed to get paler and paler as time passed by, Thomas took note of that. "I am fine, Thomas. You can—"

Achoo!

That made everyone pause their game. Gathering towards the evidently sick trait, they pestered and comforted him. Patton looked like he was going to faint.

"I am perfectly capable of walking back to the house, Patton. I promise I wouldn't get more sick."

"You better! Also, no work for you til you get better."

Well, he couldn't argue with that. He noticed that Virgil wasn't around so maybe he was back at the house. He walked agonizingly slow for himself and ended up at the house with a cold.

He sat down and turned on the heater which did little to no effect on him. He sighed as he curled up more to himself and gave out a shaky breath.

He hated that part of him: the part where he couldn't tolerate the cold as good or as well as the others. He just couldn't stand the cold.

Suddenly, a warm cloth wrapped itself around him and he went to check and to his surprise, it was Virgil's jacket.

"Virgil, don't you need this—?"

"'S alright, dude. I have my old jacket. Gotta keep you warm somehow right?" Virgil smiled which gave Logan a tiny feeling in his stomach (how? It was quite illogical).

"O-Oh, uhm.. Alright, I suppose that would be a logical response." They were silent for a moment before Logan started to shiver again. It seemed that the jacket's warmth wasn't enough and he needed more.

A pair of arms wrapped around himself and he saw Virgil looked nonchalant about it. He inwardly shrugged and snuggled closer to his source of warmth and felt himself get more tired than ever.

It seemed that his days of finally not sleeping are coming to a stop. He felt himself fluctuate from consciousness as he heard these last few words,

"Love you, Logan."

Logan smiled tiredly and managed to mutter out, "Love you too, Virgil."