[68] Tumblr (Platonic Royality)

Original: March 10, 2018

July 11, 2018
This was also written in Tumblr, thus the title. :)

Summary: Roman is a famous Tumblr user who writes and reads fictional books about dragons and princes. Patton is one of his followers who decided to step up and take the courage to chat with him.

Roman is your normal average type of man. He’s that man that you can count on when you are sad and down. He is also that man that can confront bad people without a fear in his eyes. He is also that type of man that radiates “power”, as said by his friend, Virgil. Also, did I forget to mention—

“AHHHHH!”

He is a complete fangirl when it comes to his fandoms? Yes, he may seem all masculine and handsome, but in all reality, he is that type of person who will squeal and cry when he reads his favorite fanfics of his favorite fandom. Let us get to the basics; Roman wore a very princey suit worthy for an actual prince. One may say that he could be “cosplaying”, but no, this is his actual attire for the entirety of his life on this planet called Earth.

“VIRGIL, DID YOU SEE THAT?! IT WAS ALL—BURGE! AND BLAHHH! AND ARGGHHHH!!”

“Yes, I saw it, Roman. You don’t really need to do the sound effects; I’m just next to you and reading it over your shoulder.”

Roman’s best friend, Virgil (or Emo Nightmare, as Roman would call him), was sitting on the counter of the shop they run together. It was not so popular across the world but they did have good coffee. Roman was on his break, along with Virgil. That is why they have done nothing except for screaming at a screen for a good number of minutes.

“STILL! I CAN’T BELIEVE THAT AUTHOR-CHAN WOULD DO SUCH THING!”

“Calm down, Princey. You know that if you do this, it would trigger up my anxiety,” Virgil said slowly; he backed off and confidently said, “I’m gonna go get some fresh air. I’ll probably hang out with Thomas for a while. I’ll see you tomorrow, Romeo.”

Waving Virgil off, Roman went back to the story he was reading. Virgil sighed as he went off to venture to the unknown. Seeing that Virgil finally left, Roman quickly left off the book he was reading to get to Tumblr and check the notifications he had gotten so far.

QueenSofie1: Love your work!

Roman always smiled at these kinds of comments and replied:

PrinceRoman: Thank you, my dear!

After replying and commenting on stories he have seen, something—no, someone—stood out from the others. Of course, Roman was confused: why would someone’s message even stand out? It’s exactly the same as the others?

It was by someone who really loved cookies and it said:

Pattoncake: Hey there, kiddo! Sorry if I offended you by saying that but that’s how I greet everyone. I really just want to say that I thoroughly did enjoy your stories and that I would want to see more of it someday.

Just as about Roman was going to respond, there was a ding that resonated from his phone, indicating that he had a message. Checking it, it was from the same man: Pattoncake.

Pattoncake: Hello!

What was Roman supposed to do? He started off vague. Would he continue it with a “hi”? Or usual “greetings!”?

Pattoncake: It’s alright if you don’t want to talk to me. It’s just that I’ve been your biggest fan in a very long time. I started to follow you every since you’ve started because I knew that there would be a time where your account will grow. I just want to say, Congrats! 🎉🎉