[37] Nightmares (Prinxiety)

Original: October 6, 2017

July 7, 2018

It was a completely normal day for the sides. Roman was softly—no, loudly—singing Disney songs to himself, Patton was watching a documentary about dogs, and Logan was re-reading a book from the Kane Chronicles.

Roman glances up to look around for a fellow side which he found missing. "Where is the Emo Nightmare?"

"Sorry, kiddo. I haven't seen him yet, which reminds me. I should go make some food for him, 'cause it's time for some snacks," Patton said, before pausing the documentary and brisk walking towards the kitchen to prepare something for Virgil.

"Apologies, Roman. I have not seen Virgil yet, but I will, however, tell you if I have seen him," Logan stated, before standing up and walking to the kitchen, probably to help Patton before he burns the kitchen.

Roman sighed as he decided to go on an adventure to save—not really—his emo prince.

Roman's POV

I looked around the common room to find it empty. Of course it is! Logan and Patton just walked out of it and went to the kitchen.

I decided to check on the kitchen. But what is find is something more... interesting, you could say? I saw Patton pinning Logan onto the counter and kissing him.

I 'coughed' to get their attention, which gladly worked. Logan looked like he walked a mile and ran all the way back, and Patton just looked bored, but the faint blush was still there.

"W-What's up?"

"Nothing really, sorry to ermm... walk in to you guys. Carry on," I said, before swiftly turning and walking back to the common room.

Hmm, definately not in the kitchen. Otherwise, he would've said along the lines of'My eyes!'

I pondered over all the possible places he could be and decided to walk there too.

The kitchen? Been there, and seen some weird things. But hey, who am I to judge?

The library that Thomas miraculously has? I believe he would not be there. Skip that.

His room? OF COURSE, YOU IDIOT.

I facepalmed myself so hard, that I think I accidentally gave myself a bruise on the face. I softly murmured, "That's gonna leave a mark."

I walked to Virgil's room and knocked once. Twice. Thrice. He doesn't answer.

Okay, now I am really worried.

I opened the door to find the most adorable thing I have ever seen. Virgil, who not only has abandoned his makeup, looked so cute! His hair was a mess, and his jacket provided him a big blanket.

That's not all, he has a teddy bear. Yes, a teddy bear. He looks like a toddler and—wait, is that teddy wearing a prince suit? That is so CUTE!

I was cut off by my thoughts when I heard a small whimper. I looked over to Virgil's face and saw tears streaming down them like a river. He started thrashing around, saying along the lines of "Don't hurt me!" and "Help!" What actually hurted me the most was "Prince, STOP!"

I shook him up and said, "Virgil, it is just a nightmare. Wake up! It's not real!"

Virgil shot up and immediately hugged me, crying into my clothes.

Aww, these were just new—FOCUS.

I tried to help Virgil by saying, "It's alright, Virgil."

"I-I r-ruin-ned y-your o-outfit."

I laughed. "Oh, please. I have a lot more of these. I'm sure I can manage. Besides, I am a prince and I have got to help all the citizens in need."

Virgil rolled his eyes, but replied, "Well, aren't you doing a good job? I'm fine now, can you go?"

"Nope! But may I ask, that is a fine looking bear you have. Do you mind if I take a good look at it?"

"I don't mind, I guess..?"

Virgil handed me the teddy bear. It looked really old, as I could see the broken stitches on it and new ones. The uniform was on point to what I am currently wearing, which is the newer one.

The teddy's eye was clearly removed because of the replaced button. It looked like it's been through a lot with Virgil.

"He's King," Virgil said quietly.

"Pardon?"

"His name is King."

"Such name fit for royality. May I ask why have you chosen that name?"

"Well, since Prince was already taken, so I was like hey, why not name my teddy King because its higher than a Prince. Also, its because it looks exactly like you."

"Oh well, I suppose I can agree with that. Now, can you tell me what the dream was about?"

"Uhm.. I don't feel comfortable saying it. But if you insist, then I will."

"Verge, you don't have to because I want you to tell me," I said, putting my hand on his and sqeezing it tightly.

"I know, that's why I'm doing it willingly. So this is how it started, I was walking then suddenly you come in and decided to hurt me. Patton and Logan were there but they didn't do anything and just continued to do their own things. I thought Patton was going to help me, but all he said was 'You are not my son' and left me there. You started to beat me up for bringing Thomas down, and yeah.. that's the story."

I felt so shocked. I completely understand why Virgil portrays me as someone to hurt him, but I would never understand Patton. I squeezed his hand tighter, and smiled.

I said, "Listen, that dream is not real. We do need you, and we need you. A lot. You are a factor into so much of our decision making skills. Please approach me if ever you have this dream, or else."

Virgil must be playing around becayse he asked, "Or what?"

"I WILL PHYSCIALLY FIGHT YOU."

"Whatever you say, Princey. Whatever you say," Virgil said, rolling his eyes and dragging me onto the bed with him.

He snuggled into me and immediately fell asleep. I closed my eyes and finally felt myself drift off to sleep.

Virgil didn't have a nightmare ever again when he slept with Roman.

King was almost long forgotten. Almost.

THE EN-

"Hey kiddos—nevermind, their asleep. Well, more cookies for me then," Patton said, before skipping off to find his boyfriend, Logan.