Chapter 65

Lauren's POV

My little sister's eyes were peacefully shut when I barged into her room. I paused for a moment to capture her precious essence. Human lives are so fragile, and can be lost so easily. I felt so grateful to just know that I had saved this amazing girl's life. I had no idea what I would do without her by my side.

Quietly, I went to go sit on Camz's hospital bed. I looked at her closed eyes, bringing tears to my own as I stroked her hair. I had almost lost the girl who had been there for me through everything that had ever happened in my life. She saved me every single day just by being herself, and just thinking about losing her made me want to jam my blade into my thigh.

The concept of someone passing away is a hard thing to grasp. At first, it could seem as though the person is just away at the moment and will be back shortly. After years, you just think of the deceased as an old friend that you might run into again in the supermarket or at the movie theatre. Although, you would feel deep inside of yourself that the person is never going to come back into your life, no matter how long you wait.

Camz must have felt this way with Selena. They were really close, and even though at first I was a little weary of her, I grew to love Selena as well and would miss her dearly; however, I knew deep down that if Camz followed her into heaven that I would join them both, as well, as soon as the opportunity arose for me to kill myself.

"Lauren," my sister breathed in as her eyes fluttered open beautifully. "Hey Camz," I gave her a small smile. "I was scared you were going to do something stupid, too," she chuckled lightly. "I wanted to, but I knew that you'd be upset that I broke my promise. So now I'm going to need you to promise me to never do this again," I told her. "I definitely promise," she smiled, "I was stupid for doing that and I especially never meant for it to go this far. All I wanted was to feel relief, but now I know that if I want relief to never do that."

"I'm so happy you're alive, Camz," a tear rolled down my cheek. Camz lifted up her real hand to wipe it away with the ball of her thumb. "Me too," she whispered. "Now you know how I felt when you were in this hospital bed," she added softly after a moment. "I'm sorry," I apologized. "It's okay, I understand how you feel. I just wish you didn't feel that way, it makes me so sad," she frowned.

"You know I never meant to hurt you," I confided in my sister. "I know, but it still makes me so sad to know you feel so badly," she replied. "I know," I looked down to the floor. Her real index finger veered my chin back towards her face. "Do you?" Camz asked me seriously, "Do you know what it's like to want to take the pain away from someone so badly that you'd risk your own life for theirs?" I nodded slightly and answered, "When I found you earlier today, I swear I just wanted to give you my life." "Me too, well for when I found you," she gave me a slight smile.

Just by looking at my little sister's face, I could tell that there was something on her mind. Although, I wasn't sure whether or not to bring it up. The girl was going through a lot at the moment, why make it worse on her? Nevertheless, I was her sister and I could tell that this was something important: something that shouldn't be ignored.

A nurse walked into the room before I could ask my sister anything. "I'm sorry, but visiting hours are over. Don't worry, she'll be discharged in the morning," the nurse informed us. "Can I just have a few more minutes?" I asked politely. "Make it quick," the nurse replied and swiftly turned away to exit the room in an orderly fashion.

"Do you want me to stay overnight? I'll stay in the waiting room," I asked my sister. "Lauren it's okay, don't worry, I want you to go home, get some sleep, and tomorrow morning go to school. Just please don't spread this around, okay?" Camz asked of me. "I won't, I promise; however Ally was with me when I found you and everything, so she knows if that's okay," I told her. "That's perfectly okay," she answered.