Chapter 59

** warning: you may want some tissues

Demi's POV

"Um, who are you?" I heard Selena ask from inside of the room before the doctor could tell me what he needed to say. "She has amnesia doesn't she?" I asked the doctor, causing him to nod in consequence and add, "She remembers everything perfectly fine until the day before this scholastic year began." He then began to walk into the room, so I followed him in a hurry.

"What do you mean who am I?" Camila's voice quivered, "It's Camila, one of your best friends. Don't you remember?" "I'm sorry, I really don't know who you are," Selena apologized softly. "Why not?" Camila questioned as she threw herself down in a chair in frustration while Selena looked utterly taken aback. Lauren had also arisen from her nap, and both her and Ally looked just as bewildered as Selena.

"Excuse me," the doctor budded in, "Sorry to interrupt, but I would just like to inform you all that Selena has amnesia, which is why she may not remember things." "There's a huge difference between things and me," Camila stated bleakly as she stomped out of the room in total anger.

Selena looked half dead in her hospital bed. I wasn't using any sort of hyperbole in this situation; Selena legitimately looked like a corpse with her eyes hardly opened and her skin sickly pale. Honestly, my friend was practically beyond recognition, and I had known for longer than I could possibly remember.

Lauren attempted to lift herself up, yet failed. "Demi," she moaned. I went closer to her. "Yes?" I asked. "Go make sure Camz is okay. Please?" Lauren begged. "Definitely," I replied. I then hurried out of the room, not before being stopped by Lauren once again. "Tell her I need to talk to her," Lauren added gently. "Okay I will," I nodded and went to go find Camila.

Nowhere was I able to find Camila. She wasn't in the hallway, not in any of the waiting rooms on the floor, and same with the bathrooms. I didn't want to check the other floors since I didn't want something to happen to any of the girls while I wasn't there. At least if I were there, then I would be able to get a doctor much sooner than they could since they were all bedridden.

Having a new plan to find my friend, I whipped out my phone and dialed her cell phone number. To my dismay, Camila seemed to be refusing to answer my calls since the phone would only ring once, then would go straight to voicemail. After about five calls, I decided to just try again later. I hoped that she was okay as I went back to my other friends' hospital room.

"Demi," Lauren began once I entered the room, "Where's my sister?" "I'm sorry, I couldn't find her," I confessed. "What do you mean you couldn't find her?" Lauren was getting furious. "She wasn't anywhere on this floor, and then I tried to call her a bunch of times but she just kept hanging up on me," I explained in a hurry. "I know exactly where she is," she grumbled as she began to get out of her bed.

"Girl, what are you doing?" Ally was incredibly concerned. "I'm going to get my sister," Lauren panted, already exhausted just from getting up. "You don't have all of your strength yet," I pointed out. "I don't care!" Lauren snapped at me, "my sister is my everything. I need to go talk to her." She began to stagger out of the room, although she had to hold on to something as she walked.

"Please go after her," Ally begged. "Ally, no matter what I do she's going to go find Camila," I told her. "I don't care, just make sure she gets to wherever Camila is alright," she pleaded. "Okay I'm going," I told her as I hurried out of the room and found Lauren only steps away from the door.

Knowing exactly what to do to help out Lauren, I wrapped my arm around her waist. She looked at me, then realized what I was doing and wrapped her arm around my shoulder. I supported her as we walked to the elevator. Without any communication, I knew that we were going outside of the hospital. I led Lauren outside and to our luck, Camila was sitting in the grass very close by.