“Okay. See you at home then tomorrow.”

“Bye, father. I..” he doesn’t complete his statement as his father disconnects, I think. It has always been like this, I suppose. Liam is always tensed and worried when it comes to his father. I have not seen him around his father much but I vaguely remember him acting awkward when his father was around at our wedding.

I push my duvet away when he turns around. His body stiffens when he sees me but ignores me completely.

“Was that your father?” I ask him.

“Yes.” He snaps.

“Are they coming to pick us up tomorrow?” I ask rather innocently, ignoring his attitude.

“We aren’t kids, we can go on our own, I suppose, Tiara.” He counters.

“Are you still angry, Liam?”

“No, I am definitely not.” He barks. He is still angry.

It will be difficult to say anything when he is standing in front of me, shirtless and all. I can’t even recollect how and when I slept but all I remember is that I kissed him on the forehead last.

“Our lovely and most trustworthy company called us for breakfast. But since you were snoring I told him to fuck off.” He snarls, looking away.

“I don’t snore!” I gape at him, “and you did not tell him that, Liam!”

“Why, does it hurt?” he smirks.

“I told you already, there is nothing to feel bad about…”

“I am not feeling bad.” Liam and his pride.

“Fine, there is nothing going on between me and Zayn and you need to understand that. You simply overreacted last night and misunderstood me.” It is really difficult to prove myself.

“Alright, I am ready to believe you. But on one condition, tell me you won’t go with Zayn in the evening and come with me to the island.” I open my mouth to tell him exactly that. But I stop in between.

What exactly does he want to prove by this? That he can make me do anything he desires? I don’t have any interest in hanging out with Zayn in the way he thinks but I won’t just abide with his demand just because he wants to still stick to his ground. And after everything Zayn has done for me, I can’t let him down at the last moment.

“No.”

“No?”

“No. It’s not like I want to go with Zayn or something, but its that you still don’t believe me. You just want me to go back with you when you are sure I am lying, isn’t it?” I wait for him to speak but he doesn’t.

“This proves I am right, doesn’t it, Tiara?” he asks, his face looks fallen and his voice flat. I can’t believe I made him feel this way.

“No it doesn’t. You are more than welcome to join me and Zayn but I won’t put up with this just for the sake of it.” I cross my hands. I still can’t digest what I am saying but I can’t even take someone treating me poorly. I want him to believe me and trust me, like I do, but this crushes me more and more.

“Fine.” He finally says, pain traced in his voice, “I will be here hopefully when you return with him.” With this, he turns around. I open my mouth but I only feel disgusted for myself. I should be going forward with him and not backward in our relationship. I of course want to go with him back to wherever he takes me but I simply thought that he would come with me, too. This feels so wrong, I should stay here and not go with Zayn but the harm is already done.