Chapter 24 - Parents pt 2

~Liam's POV~

It was only a month ago that I gave molly a promise ring. To me, this was a promise to her that sometime in the future I would marry her, and take her as my beautiful wife.

~~~

"Hey Liam!" I heard Molly call from her office.

"Yeah babe?" I question walking into the room.

"I just booked our flights to Chicago."

"Oh yea.... I forgot about that..." I lie.

"H."

"What?"

"I can see through your lie from a mile away." Of course she could, she could always tell when I lied. "You always do that thing with your mouth where you scrunch it up."

"I know I'm sorry, I'm just so nervous about you meeting my parents."

"Why are you nervous?" She says taking both my hands in hers to comfort me.

"I don't know. I'm just scared that they might not love you as much as I do." I tell her.

"Liam, even if they don't like me in the slightest bit... It won't matter. Because the only thing that matters is you and me. And Liam, I will love you forever."

"I will too." I tell her kissing her forehead.

~Molly's POV~

Soon enough Liam and I are on a plane to his parents' house in Chicago.

"You ready?" I ask Liam. Before bringing my suitcase to the car.

"Yea give me one sec." He says before turning off the final lights in our apartment.

With the warm evening summer breeze, we drive towards the LA airport in the darkened city streets.

~~~

I spent most of my 4 and a half hours on the plane sleeping on Liam's shoulder. But soon enough he shakes me awake a little before the plane lands.

~Liam's POV~

We walk hand in hand to baggage claim where we will not only claim our bags, but Molly will meet my parents. And this is by far the most nervous I have ever been.

"Liam,"

"Hmm?"

"I can feel your hands shaking. Are you really okay?"

"I mean probably not... I'm just making it worse, I don't know why this is such a big deal. I'm sorry Mol, I don't know what's wrong with me." She pauses in her tracks, and looks at me for a second. Then she pulls me to the side before we enter the big baggage claim area.

"Liam, hey, it's okay." She says trying to comfort me, after she sees my little melt down. Dragging her hands through my hair then gently down my face, she kisses me on the nose. "I love you, you know that right."

"I know." I gulp out. I know she loves me, I know I need to get it back together, I know everything will be okay, and I know I love her. I give her a small smile and she returns the favor.

Together we walk through to baggage claim and I soon spot my mother and father.

"There they are." I say to her. I see Molly instantly smile when she spots them, waving to them as we approach, my mother instantly comes towards us with open arms. Walking right past me she goes straight to Molly and gives her the tightest embrace. Molly slightly taken aback, freezes. Then, realizing what is happening, tightly wraps her arms around my mother.

Pulling back my mother says, "It's so nice to finally meet you Molly. I mean sometimes it feels like my Liam was trying to keep you for himself."

"It's so nice to meet you too mrs-"

Cutting Molly off my mom says, "Oh come on you can call me Janet, we are practically family already."

"Aww thanks Janet."

"You know now we're just waiting for this boy to pop the question really." My dad says causing me to blush a little.

"Wait! Hun, Derek.... Do you see this?"

"See what hun?" My dad questions.

~Molly's POV~

"Her ring." Janet says taking my hand and holding it up.

"My what?"

"She does have a ring." H's father points out.

I look at my hands to see the promise ring that Liam gave me.

"fu....dge." I say.

"Mom, dad, before you jump to conclusions... It's not an engagement ring." Liam says quickly.

"Then what is it?" Derek asks us.

"It is a promise ring." I tell them quietly.

~~~

Making it back to the house, Liam and I leave our stuff in the guest room, then get ready to head out to get dinner with his parents.

Dressing a little fancier, I change into a black and white dress with a flowy bottom part.

~~~

"Hello, my name is Alex and I will be your sever for the night." A young man with glasses says approaching our table. "Can I start you guys off with some drinks?"

The evening goes fairly well, and let me just say. Janet's laugh is very contagious. We end up going for ice cream after dinner, and then back to the house for the night.

~~Sorry for all the time skips~~

It's been 3 months since we've visited Liam's parents. At the beginning of that trip, H was very nervous, but his parents and I actually ended up getting along really well.

Also some of the fans have noticed my ring in some of my recent Instagram pics and the occasional video with face cam.

"Hey Mol!" Liam shouted when coming in to our apartment.

"Yea what babe?" I saying meeting him in the living room.

"I just picked up the mail, and there is a letter addressed to the both of us. But I thought you would want to open this one up." Liam said hiding it behind his back.

"Ooo! What is it?" I ask.

The first thing I see when he hands me the fancy white envelope is Lizzie's name in the return address. Slowly opening the envelope I see the words "You are invited to Lizzie and Joel's wedding" written in gold on a card. Opening the card I gasp.

"Wait what's in the card?" Liam asks.

I slowly hold up two plane tickets to London.

The past cannot be changed. But the future is always in your power.

I was this last bit was gonna be the start of another chapter, but I don't know the next time I'll be able to write (I'm gonna be gone for at least 3-4 weeks), so I thought I would just include it in this chapter.

I'm also really sorry for not updating for so long, but I just don't really have much motivation any more...

But

I

Will

Finish.

Remember to yell at me in a few weeks to update, because when I see your comments is when I feel most motivated.

Ummmmm follow me?

Thank you for reading!

Cya!

-2oe