•Winging it• 34

I was out of ideas almost completely until I saw this,

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

"vARIAN!" a loud screech sounded from a tree above. Leaves shook and some crows took off at the loud noise.

"(Y/n)...? YOu're... YOU'RE A BIRD." Varian hopped back, staring at the eagle in front of him. Assuming from the feather on the back of (Y/n)'s head and the grey color, it was likely she was a harpy eagle.

Looking down on himself, bright yellow feet and black shining talons glistened. He could also make out brownish-gold feathers and a blur of grey and yellow beak. Probably a golden eagle.

"Varian, what do we do...?" (Y/n) looked at Varian, a sense of fear shown in her eyes. There was an indescribable sense of endlessness in her eyes, something that just stares through your soul. Eesh, I really have no idea what to do, maybe find someone around here that can help?

"Let's go find help." Varian looked towards the harpy eagle and then towards the ground that seemed to be miles down in his eyes. Okay, wings, let's just... wing it.

"How do we get down?" (Y/n) tilted her head, looking below.

"Well, we fly." Varian jumped down, hoping with all his heart that he didn't go splat on the ground. Slowly he opened his wings as he fell and started to glide, a few moments after, he saw (Y/n) at his side.

"We're fLYING!!" (Y/n) quickly spun in the air, not far ahead was the sight of a small village. Hopefully there, people could possibly help them.

"Land there," Varian looked down at a clear patch of land close to the buildings, "looks safe enough."

Varian swooped down and tumbled a bit on landing, but was pretty much unharmed. (Y/n) also swooped down but landed gracefully as if she'd been a bird her entire life.

The sky was dark and the smell of rain was evident, a few building and stands were set around the place, some stands had food and some had jewels of all types.

(Y/n) glanced toward a table lined with bread and meats, "I'm so hungry, it's been days since we've had a decent meal..." She looked down at her talons, shifting her weight as if nervous, "We don't have any money left though,,,"

"(Y/n), Ya don't need money when you're a bird! It's like being famous, really." Varian flapped his wings and ran towards the stand, grabbing a scrap of raw meat and coming back, and dropping near (Y/n). "See?"

(Y/n) picked at the meat, taking small bits. Varian looked around at the run down place before doing the same.

"We really need to find help soon." Varian sighed, and looked back, unfazed until a certain girl and her friends walked by.

"Oh no..." Varian spoke under his breath.