•Not what I meant• 27

"Varian?" Fingers were snapped in front of Varian's face. Varian continued to daze off. The castle halls stretched out, brightly lit from the outside sun shining in. Sunlight reflected on vases and glass all around, a simple table sat against a wall. The lady-in-waiting and royal alchemist stood next to it, cleaning up, or were.

"Oh, you are so falling for her." Cass laughed, rolling her eyes.

"waIT WHAT, NO!" Varian snapped his head back towards Cassandra, sending a death glare at her.

"Sure."

"Listen, I do NOT, like (Y/n). Girls. Eugh." Varian faked a shiver and looked away.

"So you're gay?" Cass raised a brow, putting a hand on her hip.

"Ye- WAIT NO!!" Varian bit his lip and gulped.

"So, you do have feelings for (Y/n)?" Cass motioned towards (Y/n), who was happily talking with Rapunzel about the ball tomorrow night.

"Ok... so... maybe." Varian sighed and looked down.

"I just really wanna ask her out, tell her my feelings maybe. But I'm just some dumb alchemist. She's a princess from Auradon! I don't think she'd care at all." Varian huffed, letting his arms fall to his sides.

"Varian... Listen. Rapunzel is a Princess, Eugene was a thief. But that didn't stop them from falling in love and getting married?" Cass gave a reassuring smile towards the downed alchemist.

"I guess you're right... THE BALL'S TOMORROW NIGHT! Do you... Do you think I could ask a dance from her?" Varian's face lit up like a puppy, his blue eyes seemed bright as the moon.

"I'd say give it a go, if you wanna get her, you're gonna have to say something." Cassandra watched as Varian ran off, leaving Cassandra all alone to finish up the work.

"Okay, I'll finish up the work then... You go kid." Cass blew a small hair from her face and rolled her eyes, finishing up the work.