•Hunted• 3 (Part 1)

Ever since you can remember, you've been on your own in this deadly, dark world. Your life depended on others, it was either yours of theirs. A bounty hunter, that's what they called you. You hunted down and caught criminals for the king, and turned them in. You did the dirty work for the kingdom, it wasn't a job you wanted but rather one you had to have. You never had a shot at learning, the only thing you knew was being trained when you were little to seek down and memorize thieves, murders, and anyone else who was counted as wanted. After a couple of years, it became instinct what to do.

Bows, guns, and crossbows. All three of them you could use fluently and flawlessly, you almost never missed your target. You were trained since you were little, earning the nickname from many, 'peregrine' after peregrine falcons. You had other nicknames like (n/n) but you preferred your name to be a secret, especially your real name, (y/n).

While some people thought positively of you as a protector, most saw you as a trigger happy monster of karma to be feared. Due to this, you spent almost 24/7 alone, camping out randomly as you moved.

 It didn't bother you since you were so used to it, and almost saw it as a burden or curse to have friends or family. They'd slow you down and weaken your merciless personality. You knew if you got a soft spot for anyone, or even let anyone get close, you find it harder to hunt and kill like a cat after its next meal.

Your orange tinted goggles covered your eyes slightly, your eyes searching the town below the hill you were on as your h/l h/c blew in the slight cold breeze that whiped the hills. On, you had a dark blue coat, a red undershirt, and dark brown pants and boots, with a simple red scarf around your neck.

The trees seemed to have grown with color over the months, turning red, yellow, and orange. Although it was quite pretty, you had not been assigned to look at trees all day. 

You had been assigned to check on a boy who had been rumored to be dangerous by people of Old Corona, and the king had heard about it and had you sent out to check up and see if the rumors were true.

Nearing the location you were given, you held your gun from inside your holster on your belt, readying to take it out at any sudden movement. Your boots silently stepped on the dirt, making you soundless. The only thing that could give you away was the way the sun reflected on the goggles over your eyes.

Finally you were at the door to the house, carefully pushing open the creaky door that led inside. You heard voices that sounded like yelling and also the princesses voice. Quickly you slipped our your gun, aiming it at the boy that was exactly how the king described. "Everyone freeze." You spoke up loudly. You glanced at everyone, the young boy seemed to be talking to the former thief you had tracked down but had been let off after becoming the princesses boyfriend.

In some type of invention, the princess was strapped down. She gave a nervous grin towards you and back at someone else.

"Who are you supposed to be?" A lady with black short hair spoke up, her hands up, confused.

"That's not the question. What matters is I was sent by the king." You spoke loudly and emotionlessly. 

"Wait, why would my dad send you?" The princess spoke up, as the machine still went on.

You walked over to the boy who still stared at you, holding your gun to his chest. "I've been assigned to check up on him, I've been told he's dangerous." The more and more you looked into his fearful, freckled, cute face, the less and less you believed the rumors.

You were lowering your gun, about to speak up when the ground trembled, leaving you leaning against a table for support.

"What was THAT!" You looked at the young boy, who looked to be about 14. He gave an 'It's not, really' look with a nervous smile and looked away.