•From now on• 25

Varian sighed and looked out the bars of his cell, where the moon shone brightly across the dimly lit room. The only sounds in the place were the sound of crickets and the light snoring of Ruddiger.

"I should've known better." Varian looked to his side, not even daring to meet your gaze as he swung his feet back and forth anxiously.

"Varian it wasn't yo-" You attempted to comfort him, getting up a bit and being pull back by the chains that held you away from the broken boy. The chains clinking echoed through the room, making Varian look up at you.

"It was all my fault, I've lost nearly everything now. My dad, my freedom.... My friends... All because I took my problems over everyone elses'." Varian's eyes teared up, the moon mad it almost seem as if he were glowing.

"I saw the sun begin to dim and felt that winter wind..." Varian looked out once again, "Blow cold."

"A man learns who is there for him, when the glitter fades and the walls won't hold." He looked back at you and half smiled. A hint of hope sprouted in his gaze, something still left inside him.

"'Cause from then, rubble. What remains..." He swallowed back tears and ran his hand through some sand left on the dirt, letting it drain from his fingers.

"Can only be what's true" You finished off his sentence, and smiled softly back at him. He mouthed a laugh and gave a more real smile.

"If all was lost, there's more I gain..." He looked away for a second, "'Cause it led me back..."

"To you" Both of you sung and finished off it.

"From now on, these eyes will not be blinded by the lights. From now on, what's waited till tomorrow starts tonight." Varian looked at a sun carved into the stone outside the cell, then shook his head and looked towards a loose block in the wall.

"Tonight"

"Let this promise in me start, like an anthem in my heart." Varian reached out for your hand and held it tightly as you took it. He gave you a look of pure hope.

"From now on, from now on."

"I drank champagne with kings and queens, the politicians praised my name." You looked towards the loose block Varian had pointed towards and you grabbed it.

"But those are someone else's dreams, the pitfalls of the man I became." Varian huffed and looked away.

"For years and years, I chased their cheers. The crazy speed of always needing more." Varian and you both looked through the hole which had keys it appeared.

"But when I stop and see you here, I remember who all this was for."  Varian's face lit up as you grabbed the keys and unlocked each other from the chains and cell.

"And from now on, these eyes will not be blinded by the lights." Varian ran through the open cell door, pulling you with him.

"From now on, what's waited till tomorrow starts tonight. It starts tonight!" Varian ran past the castle guards. You could hear Pete and Stan give a quick gasp and run after you.

"And let this promise in me start, like an anthem in my heart." As you both ran around a corner trying to get out of the castle, you nearly bumped into a guard. Varian quickly yanked your arm back and ran the opposite way.

"From now on, from now on..." Both of you finally made it away from the castle, running towards the Corona wall. Villagers yelled, pointed, and gasped around you as they spotted you. Guards yelled words you couldn't make out which was probably a good thing.

"From now on."

"And we will come back home! And we will come back home. Home, again!" Varian and you approached the wall, Varian gave one last glance back at where his home had been, nearly completely destroyed.

"And we will come back home"
"Home, again!"

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

~~~~

Sorry, I got kinda lazy with this but I absolutely love this song.

Now to attempt not to get sick from having 3 cans of mountain dew