•Changed• 5

(Quick warning: gore)

Varian was deep in his work, once again. Carefully watching what he was doing, adding one solution to another. Behind him, (Y/n) stared blankly as he worked on his alchemy, trying to get just the perfect reaction from each drop. Slowly, he mixed chemicals, everything was going good so far and he hoped he could finally finish this mix.

Varian's POV 

~~~

"Varian, what was this you're working on again..." (Y/n) asked softly, yawning.

"Q-quiet, I'm.. working." I managed to say, holding my breath at parts to steady myself while adding mixes together.

(Y/n) sighed at my repsonse, looking away. 

(Y/n) tapped my shoulder, looking at me as I quickly shot my head towards her, dropping two chemicals on the table.

"OH NO-" My eyes widened as I was flung back, hitting my head hard against the wall from the force.

Above my yell, a loud, high pitched, deafening shriek of pain rose, following a loud thump near a table (Y/n) had been next to.

I managed to sit up a bit, my face still burning from the painful explosion and my head aching from the impact.

---

I Third Person I

~~~

Small and soft sobbing sounded through the lab with the subtle noise of liquid dripping onto the ground like rain.

"eugh,,, (Y/n), are you okay." Varian stood up, still swaying a bit. He walked over to (Y/n) who seemed to be quietly sobbing.

---

Y/n's POV

~~~

"(Y/- HOLY MOTHER OF CORONA, UHH, HOLD ON I'LL GET SOMETHING!" Varian panicked once he saw you. 

You could feel blood dripping down your chin from a gash somewhere on the right side of your face. You couldn't exactly tell since you were on the floor, sobbing from the pain.

Varian ran back into the room quickly with a cloth and kneeled down by you.

"hnng, hang in there. Everything's gonna be fine." He tried to smile a bit as he gently wiped the wound on your face.

You stayed quiet, hoping this would be all over soon and you could go back to staying next to Varian all comfy.

Varian turned to face your e/c eyes that glistened with tears, "Everything will be fine." He tried to calm you, putting pressure on your gash to stop it from bleeding.

"H-how bad i-is it?" You frowned, getting up a with help from Varian.

You stared straight into a mirror.  A massive gash was clearly visible on your cheek, it went all the way through your face, making your teeth and mouth half visible.  You gasped at the damage that had been done to your face, knowing that something like this would probably never heal.

You just stood there for a while, not caring as Varian brought you into a hug, mumbling random things. 

Varian held your face lightly, looking you straight in the eyes. "Hey, listen, everything is okay. We're both still alive. It's just a tiny wound." He smiled at you.

You sighed, giving into a light smile.

"I guess you're right, this is still b- MMPH" Varian cut you off by pulling you into a kiss, his hands made their way around your waist.

You sealed your eyes shut, melting into the kiss. Varian pulled you closer, smashing you against him almost as if he were venting his fear like this.

You both pulled away after what seemed like forever, yet you knew it wasn't but you wished it was. Varian's face was red as a tomato, his eyes looked away from you.

Varian gave you one last quick hug, squeezing you tightly.

"Everything is okay"