•Nightterror night• 13

"AH, nightterror night, a time that happens once every 20 years. On these nights of October, the monsters come out to play. Werewolves, vampires, witches and warlocks, zombies, and you get the point. It all started long ago when Zhan Tiri walked among the land, when he was banished by Lord Demanitus, some of his monstrous creatures were pure of heart and meant no harm to the humans, so as a gift Demanitus would let them out for a few nights only every 20 years. The humans feared they'd be hurt, so they dressed up as such to hide from the monsters,  and ever since then the tradition has carried on." Xavier finished with a light chuckle.

You, Varian, Rapunzel, Cassandra, and Eugene had been listening in along with some younger kids.

"IS it really just a story or is there really monsters going to be out tonight?" Varian gulped at Eugene's words, hanging onto you.

"I've heard,,, that there's already a monster out, eating off sheep from farmers!" Cassandra walked up to Eugene, laughing a bit.

"Shouldn't we just set up traps then?" Varian raised a brow.

"That's why I was asked to do by the guard actually, I was given bear traps, wanna come with me and help?" Cassandra smirked at him.

"beAR  TRAPS!?" Varian's eyes widened as he clung to you tightly. "D-dont you think we could use something,,, a little less DANGEROUS??"

"Like the pink chemicals compounds I made,,,,?" He glanced around at everyone staring at him.

"Varian,,,, really?" You giggled at him and Rapunzel did the same.

"Fine." He sighed and took one of the bear traps Cassandra had and you followed him and Cass.

~~~

"That's the last of em'" Cass placed the last one on the ground, dusting her hands off.

"Whew, still think these are a little harsh, dontcha think?" Varian laughed nervously and glanced at you.

"Varian, it's fine, pff" You rolled you eyes and hugged him close, tonight was gonna be a long night and you still had to finish your little costume. Varian and you begone back to Corona along with Cassandra, whole you had your arm around Varian and the same with him.

~~~ Nightfall ~~~

Varian hopped out in his little wizard costume, posing proudly in front of you. "Alright alright!! Your turn, milady!" He smiled at you.

You turned around and quickly got into your little costume, it wasn't much but it was just for the fun of it now

You walked up to him in a grey tank top, plaid jacket, black pants and some brown boots. Varian's face lit up once he saw you all dressed up as his jaw dropped a little.

"Catching flys?" You giggled at his behavior, pushing his jaw up as he blushed lightly.

"You really nailed the sharp canines thing!? How did you do it?" He looked at your teeth in awe.

"I,,,, didn't do anything to my teeth?" You slowly walked over to a mirror taking a glance at your canines.

"Maybe you're just seeing things, silly." You rolled your eyes and laughed lightly, grabbing his arm ad heading out.