Part 3: Aladdin (RM)

"That's all, and that's no joke, These guys don't appreciate I'm broke . . ."

    RM wakes up to not only the sun blaring on his cheek, but his lifelong friend shaking his shoulder and Hopie screeching in his ear.

    "Hey come on, get up Namjoon."

    Namjoon rubs at his sleep-swollen eyes as he sluggishly sits up against the wall, "What is it Suga?"

    The older male stands back up, Hopie jumping on his shoulder as he does. Suga gives a sigh and rubs his neck, "There was a big caravan coming into the city earlier. Thought you might want to check it out like you always do."

    The dirty blonde perked up at this new knowledge, "Really? How long ago?"

    "Not that long, about 10 minutes or so."

    Namjoon pushes himself to his feet, he then grabbed his bag, which Suga had taken all the food out of. The young man gently picked up Hopie, which the monkey did not agree with, immediately jumping back onto Suga's shoulder, "Guess he wants to stay with you today Yoongi, that okay?"

    Yoongi smiled at the small monkey, "Yeah, it's fine."

    "Okay, then I'm going to go check out that caravan", Namjoon half waved to Yoongi before he jogged down the stair and out of the house.

******* Time Skip ******

     Namjoon sneaks through the city streets, sliding around the guards as he sees them. He's been making his way towards the Palace since he's entered the city, meaning more and more guards. He's heading towards the Palace as he knows all caravans are escorted there, after going through checks of course.

    RM's always been amazed by the caravans. They always seem to bring in new foods, clothing and even people from all over the world. He's always wanted to travel the world, but he can't, not yet anyway. So these caravans were his way of seeing the world, without leaving home.

    Namjoon came to a stop at the building closest to the caravan, watching them as he sat down against the wall. As RM looked closer at the caravan, he notices something different about it, 'This caravan is fairly larger than the usual ones that come through the city to rest, trade and resupply. They must be here to give something to the Sultan or his family.' The blonde watches as the members of the caravan mingle amongst themselves, waiting for someone to come greet them, 'I wonder who will greet them? I mean, the Sultan is sick, so he hasn't been greeting any of the caravans recently. Though, I have a feeling I know who.'

     Just as RM was thinking this, the Palace's doors opened to reveal an incredibly handsome man. Someone Namjoon has seen on multiple occasions, though, of course, never having talked to him. Just who he was expecting to see as well. It's the Sultan's son and youngest child, Prince Taehyung.

    The prince is about the same height as Namjoon, maybe a little bit shorter than the rugrat himself. His hair is short and light blonde contrasting beautifully with his sharp blue eyes and full yet thin pink lips. The prince's face is defined and his ears are pierced with two silver rings in each ear. He wore slick black pants and a silk black shirt along with a black coat that is decorated with gold thread, the thread creating flower designs on the coat.

 He wore slick black pants and a silk black shirt along with a black coat that is decorated with gold thread, the thread creating flower designs on the coat

     Namjoon has no idea how he can wear such thick clothing in this heat, 'Though, there must be some kind of cooling system in the Palace.'

     The prince greets the caravan in his deep, silky voice, "Welcome! I hope the journey wasn't too difficult. If you need anything during your stay, the city's people and I are more than willing to help in any way we can." Prince Taehyung gave the caravan his famous square grin, before walking down the steps to greet the individual members of the caravan, as well as to see the things they've brought.

     RM watched the prince look through the bags and items they brought, all the while talking and laughing with the foreigners and other people that came. Namjoon has always loved that about the prince, he's nice to everyone no matter who they are. 'He's funny too', RM thought to himself, chuckling as he remembered some of the stories he's overheard the prince telling.

     Unknowing to Namjoon, who had his eyes closed as he enjoyed the soft breeze, his chuckle was heard by the prince, causing the younger man to look over in his direction. The blond prince tilted his head as he examined the man leaning on the wall, 'I've seen him around the city before, he's the one always stealing from the people. I can't really blame him though, he seems to be homeless. Besides, it's really funny sometimes.' Taehyung looks down to the item in his large hands, before looking back at the man near the building, smiling as he makes up his mind.

     The prince looks over to the merchant he had been talking to not long before, "Excuse me?"

     "Yes, your majesty?"

     "May I have this?"

     "Of course you can!", the elderly man smiled at the prince.

     This caused Taehyung to grin back at the man, "Thank you so much! How much will it cost?"

     The old man placed his hands on top of the prince's, pushing the boy's hands into his chest, "For you? Nothing."

     Taehyung is shocked, "A-Are you sure?"

     "Of course I am."

     "Thank you so so much!!", and with that the prince gripped the item in his hands, walking over to the other blonde man who still had his eyes closed.

     Namjoon opened his eyes as he hears footsteps coming towards him, only to see the prince practically skipping over to him. Jolting to his feet, RM lowers his head as the young prince comes to a stop in front of him.

     The prince only laughs and pulls Namjoon up from his lowered state, "Please, there's no need for that. I came to give you something."

     Brown eyes widened as they look into crystal blue ones, "W-What? W-Why?"

      Taehyung smiles, handing over the item in his hands, "Why not? I've seen you around the city, and you can do whatever you want with this. You can sell it, keep it, whatever you want."

     Namjoon examined the item on in his hands, "A-Are you sure?"

     The prince smirked remembering his conversation with the merchant, "Of course I am."

      With that the prince turned and made his way back to the caravan, leaving Namjoon alone to really look at the item in his hand.

It's a pure gold oil lamp.