Part 7: The Little Mermaid (Jimin)

"Up where they walk, up where they run, Up where the stay all day in the sun, Wanderin' free - wish I could be, Part of that world . . ."

****With Jimin****

    'Wow, she was amazing! I don't think I've had that much fun in forever, and it was so easy to talk to her', Jimin thought as he made his way home from the cove where he had left Sofie. 'I wonder why she never came out of the water, not that I blame her. I wish she would have allowed me to walk her home, then I could have talked to her more.'

    The prince was very confused, for though he had just meet the young woman he felt like he could trust her, that he could tell her anything without her judging him. He had told her things no one knew, and when he did he didn't know why. He had grown attached to her in one day, in ways he didn't think he could by just meeting someone.

    'I should probably thank Hopie when I see him tomorrow', Jimin thought as he come upon the giant wooden doors of the front entrance of the castle.

    Sighing, the prince stopped in front of the grand doors, looking past the tall walls and to night sky above, and smiled, "Tomorrow". Jimin couldn't wait for the next day, though he had to plan it carefully. For tomorrow, his father had invited princesses from all over the world to come and try to woah his son, Jimin. Jimin had decided that he would try to sneak out during the party and meet with Sofie, he had agreed to meet her without thinking about what his father had planned. He couldn't help it, she was funny, intelligent and to top it off, beautiful.

    The prince knew it was late and that he would most likely get a lecture from his father and maybe even his mother. So slowly he put his small hands on the door, pushing it open and calmly walking through heading towards his bedroom. 'He's probably at my door.'

    Upon reaching the door to his bedroom, his father stood with his arms crossed and tapping his foot. 'Yup, thought so.' Jimin's father was wearing his gray silk robe and slippers, the tips of his hair matching the robe in color while the rest is black, not having suffered from old age yet. The king, even in his old age, was very well built and you could see his muscles even through his robe, unlike his toned but skinny son. The king also had forest green eyes while his son had his mother's eyes, a dark brown.

    "Where have you been? You were gone all day, you were supposed to by getting fitted for your new suit for tomorrow", the king demanded in a deep raspy voice, glaring at Jimi as if daring him to lie.

    "I was out by the shore. I was meeting with someone, we talked longer than intended. That's why I'm late", Jimin answered truthfully, knowing it was no good lying to him.

    "And? Who was this person? Why were they so important, that you had to skip your fitting?"

    "It was a girl, my friend said she wanted to meet me. I'm sorry, but I had forgotten about the fitting."

    "A girl?", his father asked surprised, dropping his arms to his side. For as long as he could remember, his son was never interested in woman. That was the reason for the party tomorrow, so he could meet some woman that would make a queen. But now he's talking to a woman? Though the king was excited, it quickly disappeared as he realized the woman probably not of royalty. He wouldn't let his son marry a peasant, he had to marry royalty. "Is she of royal blood?"

    Sighing, Jimin knew his father would bring this up, "As far as I know, no. And I'm okay with that, and you should be to."

    "I certainly am not, and you will stop talking to her immediately! You are meet the princesses tomorrow, and you will choose a bride from them!", the king yelled, furious his son would speak out against.

    When his father said this, Jimin's heart skipped a beat and squeezed in pain from the thought of not seeing Sofie again. 'Why did it do that? I just meet her, I can't possibly be in lov-', Jimin's thoughts were cut off as his father yelled at him again.

    "Do you understand?!"

    "NO! You can't do that! You can't stop me from seeing her! I will see her again! A matter of fact, I'll see her tomorrow!", Jimin yelled back, he wanted to see her again, more than anything.

    "YOU WILL DO NO SUCH THING!!", the king roared, infuriated that his son was going against his order.

    "YOU CAN'T STOP ME!"

    "Of course I can! I'm the KING and your FATHER! You will listen to me!"

    "NO! I won't allow you to choose what I do with MY life!", Jimin was tired of his father bossing him around, he wasn't a child anymore.

    "ENOUGH!! Park Jimin, I hereby forbid you from leaving this castle until you choose a bride!", and with this the king stormed passed the shock prince towards the master bedroom.

    'No ... I ... I want to see her again ...'