Part 11: The Little Mermaid (Jimin)

"When's it my turn? Wouldn't I love, love to explore that shore up above? Out of the sea, Wish I could be, Part of that world, Out of the sea, Wish I could be, Part of that world."

To say Jin was shocked was an understatement, never had he heard such a thing as Jimin's plea. No one ever spoke out against him so passionately, though he was confused. He was confused as the person before him claimed to be a human, but humans can't survive down in the water this long and this man had a tail! Of course, the king was more than willing to release Sofie, he just needed a good enough argument. This prince had said that Sofie didn't tell him about what she was and that he had just learned of it, most likely from Taehyung. Seokjin could easily release Sofie, but only if another supported the prince's claim, "Taehyung, is what this man saying true?"

"Yes, all of it. I spoke to the witch that lives a little ways out of the village, she gave us a potion to turn his legs into a tail for two hours. Please Jin listen to him, I've meet these people to. They really aren't bad people, they've been trying to help get Sofie out of here since they heard", Taehyung pleaded to the king, wanting his friend back.

"I'm not saying that all of us are good people", Jimin said catching Jin's attention, "I'm sure that goes for your people as well. I know some people have done horrible things to others, but the good far outweighs the bad", Jimin finished, looking the king dead in the eyes. Allowing Jin to see the determination, sadness, and most of all love his eyes held within them.

It was quiet as the king pondered the words the duo in front of him had spoke. He could tell the prince was telling the truth, about everything he said. He could see the love in both their eyes for the woman he considered a sister, but the forms of love were very different. Taehyung's eyes held the love for a sibling, a close friend, someone he trusted completely. While the prince's eyes held an entirely different form of love. The love that shined in his brown orbs was the love for someone he could spend the rest of his life with. The love for someone he would die for, without even knowing them completely. The love in his eyes was for Sofie, and he would do anything for her.

From the looks in their eyes, Jin had made his decision. "Listen to me prince", Seokjin swam from his throne, coming straight to Jimin before pulling the man into a tight hug, "You take care of her, she is like a sister to me and if you ever hurt her, just remember I'm a king." With that Jin swam back to his throne, turning to face the shocked prince and confused blonde with a huge smile on his face, "I hereby release Sofie from her confinement, and diminish the law against interacting with humans."

"Wait ... that's it?", Jimin had thought it would take much more convincing then that.

"I never wanted to lock up Sofie, but she broke a law and that law was based on the wars that your people raged on my seas. That was the only interaction I've had with the people of land, it was a rash assumption that you were all the same. You made me realize that, though that isn't important right now. You only have a little time left, don't you? I send for Sofie", Jin waved his hand at one of the guards by the entrance way, who turned and made his way towards the room Sofie was in. Few moments later Sofie came swimming into the throne room, freezing upon seeing Jimin.

Jin began to laugh as Jimin swam over to Sofie, grabbed her hand and swam out of the castle, Taehyung close behind as he realized they were leaving. 'He'll be good to her.'

Soon enough the prince and the mermaid broke the surface of the water, causing the two surveys on the beach to snap their heads towards them. Upon seeing Sofie, Hoseok ran into the water before jumping on her in a tight hug.

"Oh, I missed you!!"

"Oh please it hasn't been that long."

"It felt like it", Hoseok pulled back pouting.