Part 8: Beauty and The Beast (Suga)

****Flashback****

It was a normal day like always; dull and boring. The streets were crowded with the town's folks pushing one another trying to get to work or to the stores. The snow had fallen the night before, and was beginning to fall again. The shopkeepers stay huddled in their shops away from the cold, letting the customers come in and warm themselves.

Making her way through the crowd towards the bakery, Angelica in her apple red dress gets thrown from side to side from people rushing home as the snowfall gets heavier. With the little strength she has in the cold, Angelica begins to push people out of the way also wanting to get home to her warm fire and comfy bed.

After some more pushing and shoving, the bakery comes into view allowing her to let out a deep sigh of relief. The crowd near the bakery wasn't as extreme as it was on the main road through town, giving Angelica a chance to relax. She need to pick up some bread for her mother and older sister. 'I don't know why they send me, Sophie is already 30! She shouldn't even be living with us, not that I can really say anything. I'm 23 this year.', Angelica thought with a sigh.

Angelica calmly started walking towards the bakery once more, before everything from her vision disappeared being replaced with pitch black as someone covers her eyes with their hands. Startled Angelica starts to fight against the hands, before the hands leave her face and a voice says, "Hey hey! Calm down Angelica! It's just me!"

Angelica swirls around to look at the owner of the voice, to see one of her closests friends standing with his leather covered hands on his hips, while his black hair brushes against his eyelids as he tilts his head with a smirk. Bright blue eyes meeting her brown ones.

Smiling Angelica exclaims, "Corbin! How many times have I told you not to do that!"

"Sorry! I can't help it", Corbin laughed as he threw his arm over her shoulder. "What are you doing out here in the cold?"

"Getting bread, mother asked me to get some."

"I don't know why you still live there!"

"Oh please, it's not that bad. She is allowing me to live with her, the least I can do is help her. Besides, where would I go if I left?", Angelica sighed leaning her head on Corbin's shoulder as they walked into the bakery.

Corbin and her had been friends ever since he moved in on the corner of the road she lived off of. He was always there for her when she needed someone, and she was always there for him. They had grown closer and closer over the years and Angelica began seeing him as the brother she never had, but she knew Corbin didn't see her as a sister.

Taking his arm off her shoulders, Corbin grabbed her hands, standing in front of her after they had walked out of the bakery and onto the street again, "You could live with me", he said while looking into her eyes with love.

"No Corbin, I couldn't", she rejected him, pulling her hands out of his hands, turning starting to walk towards the library to pick up the book her mother had also asked her to get.

Corbin chased after her, walking next to her when he caught up, "Why not? You could do whatever you wanted! I'd take care of you. Come on Annie, what do you say?", he pleaded her for what felt like the hundredth time.

"Corbin, I've told you before and I'll tell you again. I don't want to live with you. You are my best friend, and the brother I never had, but my family comes first and my mother is getting old, she can't take care of herself!"

"What about your sister? She can take care of your mother, while you come live with me."

Angelica stopped walking at the corner to face Corbin, "You know my sister can't take care of herself, let alone an old woman. Now ... please Corbin, drop it. I'm not coming to live with you while my mother and sister are around for me to take care of."

The man clad in leather that stands before her had always been able to stay calm and collected in tough situations. Of course he had his moments when he lost control, but those few moments had told Angelica what he could do. When he loses control, he loses touch with reality and usually starts destroying whatever's around him. When he loses control, he begins to shake and clench his fists, getting ready to fight to the death. You can physically see when he loses control, when forgets to stay calm. Though that was not what stood before her now.

Corbin's head dropped, his shoulders relax, his clenched fists and tense arms now lay limp at his sides. The man that stood before her had finally snapped, and she didn't know what he was capable of.

"Corbin?"

". . ."

"Corbin what's wrong? Answer me."

Corbin lifted his head, his now dull eyes meeting her scared ones, "So . . . you won't live with me? Because of a old woman and an idiot?"

"Corbin!", Angelica was shocked, he had never been this rude to her sister before.

"Fine", Corbin said as he walked past her, bumping into her on the way, leaving Angelica confused, shocked, but most of all scared. She had never seen him like that before, he was always full of life even when he was mad.

Snapping out of her daze to see that Corbin was long gone, Angelica started running towards the library, 'I have to her home, who knows what he might do.'

After getting the book her mother had asked for, Angelica took off towards her shared home. Pushing past people in her rush, the more time that past the more the feeling of dread crept into Angelica's mind. After 15 minutes, Angelica found herself at the doorstep of her home, panting and sweating from running all the way there. She lifted her head to see the door cracked open, causing her heart to drop from her chest and her face to go pale. Gathering her courage she pushed open the door all the way, slowly creeping into the house and down the hallway. The bright for all the window were open and the curtains pulled back, but even with all the light the house still seem gloomy and dull. Angelica made her way to the opening that lead to their kitchen stopping just before being able to see in. She was nervous, she knew her mother and sister spent most their time in the kitchen while at the house, she didn't want to see what might be around the corner. Closing her eyes tightly, Angelica moved into the opening to the kitchen. She slowly opened her eyes allowing her to see into the kitchen, eyes widening even more as her mouth fell open and she stumbled back grabbing the wall. She couldn't take it, they ... they were . . . .