Part 5: Sleeping Beauty (Jin)

"You'll love me at once, the way you did once upon a dream . . ."

    It had been about an hour and a half when the door was slammed open and a red ball of fury cane charging in. Namjoon and Hoseok jumped to their feet as Evangeline entered the dining room.
    They had been sitting in silence since she and Jimin had left. While Yoongi had went to his room, sulking, regretting what he had done.
    "Angie! Are you —", Hoseok was interrupted by Evangeline slamming her hands top of the wood table in front of her.
    "You all knew about my parents! Now tell me! Who are they?!", the woman yelled, her face turning pink with frustration.
    Namjoon looked shocked, "How did you know that?"
    Just then a winded blond stumbled into the kitchen, exhausted from running.
    "Oh."
    "Tell me!", the redhead shouted once more.
    The three men looked at one another before Jimin nodded. Shifting, Namjoon calmly looked at Evangeline and said, "Alright, but first you need to calm down so we can explain", he paused and watched as her shoulders loosened a bit and her breathing steadied, "lets all sit down."
    The four of them made their way out of the dining room and through the hall, the questions bubbling in Evangeline's mind. When they reached the sitting room, they separated and found a seat.
    The area was spacious with oak wood lining the white walls and small windows behind one of the couches that was placed in the room, the floor a dark polished wood. In front of a lit stone fireplace sat two large brown couches facing each other with a small glass coffee table in between. There were wooden bookshelves on either side of the fireplace. White and red flowers decorated the room, as well as red candles that were lit and slowly dripping wax into their trays.
    Namjoon and Hoseok sat on one couch, while Jimin and Evangeline sat on the other. They were silent for a few moments as Namjoon thought of what to say, the tense atmosphere engulfing them completely.
    Finally, the pink haired man gave up and sighed, "Where do you want to start?"
    "Who are they?"
    "Their names are Eric and April, they're the king and queen of the region", Namjoon stated bluntly, not knowing how else to tell her.
    Evangeline was shocked once more, 'I'm part of the royal family?', she was happy to know who her parents were, but now she had even more questions. As she tried to figure out what her next question would be, a sudden thought flashed through her head.

'Why am I here? "Did they not want me?" But Jimin said they promised to protect me, protect me from what?'

    Having accidentally mumbled some of her thoughts out loud, Jimin pulled her into his chest as he began to ramble, "Oh Eva! They did want you! They love you! It's just that they couldn't at the time", this made Evangeline pull away slightly to ask why.
    Hoseok leaned forward using this time to speak, "Angie, I want you to think. You know how, even though we live in the forest, we all still know what is happening in the surrounding area?", Evangeline nodded, "Has the king or queen made any announcements at all? Have you heard anything of from the castle?"
    Evangeline's eyes meet the clear glass table as she looked down to think. She had never heard, as far as she could remember, anything from them or from the castle. But she must of, how could she not. She lifted her head, confusion written all over her face as she looked at Hoseok.
    "Exactly, they haven't said anything to anyone in years", Hoseok mumbled sadly.
    "Why?"
    "We don't know", Hoseok confessed, "And since we swore to protect you, we haven't been able to go back to the kingdom to find out why."
    Evangeline wanted to know why her parents sent her away, to be raised by these fairies, so she was 'protected'. Though she knew the men still weren't ready to tell her everything, especially something like that. So she let it be, for now.
     Right now she had to talk with Yoongi.
    Namjoon hesitantly asked, "Is there anything else you want to know?"
    Of course there was but knowing they wouldn't want to answer, and not knowing if she could handle it, she Simple asked, "Where's gramps?"
    The three fairies were shocked but chuckled no the less. Hoseok laughed and pointed down the hall, "He's in his room."
    And with these Evangeline stood from the couch, a satisfied expression plastered on her features, and walked down the hall towards Yoongi's bedroom.