Part 8: The Little Mermaid (Jimin)

"What would I give if I could live out of theses waters? What would I pay to spend a day warm on the sand? . . ."

As the sun blared in the sky, squeals and excited voices ranged from the castle as young woman pushed and shoved each other trying to enter first. The princesses had gathered a few minutes early, causing the prince to pull himself from his bed and drag himself to the window to gaze down at them. 'Great, they're here. What am I going to do?', Jimin moved his gaze from the yelling woman to focus on the sea, it was a beautiful blue and it made him think of her, 'What am I going to do? Sofie is probably waiting for my, but there is no way I'll be able to get out now that father knows.'

Not far from the shore, under the miles of water, the young mermaid lay with her arms and head on the stone bed in the guest room of the castle. Sofie's thoughts were fairly the same as Jimin's, 'Jimin is most likely at the cove waiting for me, what do I do?'

Now Sofie's best friend, Taehyung had heard about Sofie being locked up for meeting with humans. He also knew that she and the prince were to meet that day, he wanted her out of there but he didn't know what to do. But he did know one thing, he had to tell the prince that she had been locked up and that she could come because of it. That was exactly what he was going to do, too. So V began swimming towards the cove Sofie had took him to before, thinking the prince would be there. Though unknown to him, he wouldn't be meeting the prince, but Hoseok instead. J-Hope knew that Jimin was going to be busy all day, and that the king had forbid him from leaving the castle, so Hoseok decided to go hang out with Sofie. He didn't know that Jimin and Sofie had planned to meet again that day, but he knew that Sofie was usually lounging on the rock in the small cove.

A few moments later, J-Hope and V arrived at the cove. Upon seeing each other they were both thoroughly confused.

At the same time, they asked, "What are you doing here?"

J-Hope decided to go first, "I came to see Sofie, she's usually here. You?"

"I came to tell the prince that Sofie can't meet with him."

"Wait, what? Jimin was supposed to be here today?"

"Yeah, Sofie and him agreed to meet again. But the king found out she was talking to humans, and locked her up and came to tell him. Where is he?"

"His father forbid him from leaving the castle when he found out he was talking to a woman not of royal blood. I have to tell him about Sofie, he'll want to know", J-Hope stated realizing the situation was serious.

"Wait, why would his father be made about that?", Taehyung asked confused as to why the prince couldn't talk to Sofie.

"The king wants Jimin to marry a princesses, and know that Jimin is talking to Sofie he fears that Jimin will fall for her. Stay here, I might need you.", Hoseok explains. Before he could hear Tae's reply, Hoseok turns around and runs off towards to castle. He needed to tell Jimin about this immediately.

Upon reaching the castle, J-Hope was so absorbed in his thoughts he didn't see Yoongi walking his way until he ran into him.

"Hey! Hopie! Watch where you're going!", Suga looking from his now wet suit, to Hoseok with a look of pure disgust.

"I'm so sorry Yoongi! But I'm in a hurry, I have to find Jimin!", Hoseok said as he rushed past Suga, causing the man to groan but follow as he was curious as to why J-Hope needed the prince so desperately.

Hoseok ran down the halls of the castle with Suga closely behind, heading towards the prince's quarters. Finally reaching the double doors of Jimin's room, J-Hope flung them open without out permission.

As the doors swung open they revealed a half naked Jimin, twisted so he could see the door his face expressing immense shock. A white button up shirt hanging loosely from his elbows, tight black pants covering his lower half, tucked into his tall leather boots.

"Hopie! Suga!! What are you doing?!", Jimin asked shocked that they would just bust in without any warning. The prince turned to face them completely after Yoongi calmly shut the door as Hoseok rushed over to Jimin.

"Jimin something terrible has happened!!", J-Hope half yelled as he shook the prince by his shoulders as he began buttoning up his shirt.

"Hopie, calm down. Tell me what happened", Jimin calmly told Hoseok, finishing his last button.

"It's Sofie", Hoseok started, causing the prince to stutter in his motions, his heart freezing upon hearing that something may have happened to her, and focused completely on him.

"What happened?"

"She's been locked up by the king, for seeing both me and you."

"What?!? Why would father do that?! Wait, how did he know who she was?", Jimin demanded shocked and confused, 'I didn't tell father who I meet with, I only told him that it was a woman'

"No, it wasn't your father. I'll tell you on the way, but we need to head down to the cove where you meet her", Hoseok briefly explained while pulling Jimin out of his room by his arm.

"Sofie....?", Yoongi whispered to himself confused on what was happening. 'When did Jimin meet a girl? Why didn't I know about it? If he meet a woman, then why is the king still throwing this party? WHY AM I WORKING TODAY?!?!', were some of the question floating in the pale man's mind.

After slipping out of the castle through the doors in the kitchen, J-Hope explained to Jimin what Sofie really was, and the law against meeting humans. Causing not only Jimin, but Yoongi to be shock as well. 'Why didn't she tell me?', was the only question running through the prince's mind as the reached the cove, to see Taehyung still floating in the water near the shore.

"V! This is the prince. Now we need to figure out a way to get Sofie out of there", Hoseok explained once again while Suga sighed slightly irritated that he wasn't introduced, but pushed it aside deciding there were more important things at hand.

"Umm ... I thought of something that could probably help, but i don't know", Tae muttered thinking about his plan he had thought up awhile ago.

"I'm sure it's better than nothing, please I want to help", Jimin stressed as he moved forward slightly.

Taehyung hesitated at first, but upon seeing the desperate look in the prince's eyes, he gained some confidence, "Well, it involves you losing your legs briefly, and a witch."