Part 10: Cinderella (J-Hope)

"The dream that you wish for will come true."

     Night came fast for Jeanne, she was swept, mopped, dusted and polished all day long at the demand of her step-mother, even in her beaten and battered state. Jeanne barely had time to put on some makeup to cover up her black eye and bruises before Jin showed at her front door.

    Now she stands at the entrance of the castle, the crowds of people staring in awe once again at her beautiful dress and appearance. Her dress was golden and shined like the summer sun, her long braided blond hair rested on her shoulder.

    The prince's smile widen into a grin as he jogged over to the young woman, letting out a dreamy sigh as he stands in front of her, "You look . . . . you look amazing Jeanne."

    Jeanne's heart fluttered at the sound of her name leaving his pink lips, a small smile finding its way onto her own lips. Her eyes ran over the prince's appearance. He was wearing a tight black suit with a bow tie tonight, his hair was wavy giving it a messy look. Though he still looked very handsome, "You as well."

    Hoseok looked down as he chuckled before grabbing her hand and looking her straight in the eyes, "May I have this dance?"

    "Of course, who else would I dance with?", Jeanne giggled, completely forgetting about all of her problems and insecurities.

    Hoseok pulled her into him as he began to waltz around the room, gliding across the polished floor, "I don't know, who?"

    Laughing, Jeanne rested her head on the brunette's chest, shaking her head as she closes her eyes, letting the music take over her body.

    They danced for what seemed like forever, the music and each others voices was all they could hear, the crowds were drowned out once again. After a while the prince pulled away from Jeanne as he held her hands and smiled down at her,  "Do you remember what I said at the fountain a few days ago?"

    Jeanne thought for a moment before answering, "About the ball? Finding love?"

    Hoseok nodded, "I want you to know that I feel comfortable with you, like I .. . . like I could tell you anything, even though we've barely know each other. When I see you my heart flutters and I smile like I never have before, I want to protect you. I've never felt this way, I mean .. . . I barely know you but I want you by my side."

    Jeanne stared up at the handsome prince, eyes wide, tears gathering at the edges of her lids. She didn't know what to say, she felt the same way. She doesn't the prince that well, but her heart flutters everytime she sees him, she wants to be by his side, not for his money or for fame, she doesn't care about that. She wants his love, 'I can't believe I'm saying this, but . . . I want to marry the prince.'

    The young blond smiles up at the prince, about to tell him that she felt the same way towards him . . . but she was too late.

    The loud chiming of the clock striking midnight, causing both Jeanne's and Hoseok's eyes to widen, they both thought at the same time, 'No, not now.'

    Hoseok frowned, tightening his grip on Jeanne's hands, pulling her closer to him, his forehead resting on hers as he whispered, "Please Jeanne, don't go, not now."

    Closing her eyes, Jeanne forced out her next words, "I have to Hoseok, I promise I'll be here tomorrow night, you have to trust me."

    "I do trust you, that doesn't mean I have to like you leaving. Why do you have to go?"

    "I just do Hoseok, please I have to leave", Jeanne opened her eyelids, pleading with her eyes.

    Without another word, never once letting go of her hand, the young prince silently walked Jeanne to the entrance of the castle where Suga was waiting for her with the carriage.

     The prince gently took the woman's head in his hands and kissed her forehead then whispered a quite, "You have to come back."

    "I will", Jeanne promised once more. Than Suga took her hand and guided her into the carriage before climbing into the front and started their journey back to the hell house that Jeanne called home.

—————————————————————

This is a really short chapter, but I thought I should post cause it may be awhile till the next time I can update.

I hope you enjoy it nonetheless! Thank you all for the support!!

- GrandmaChipmunk🐿