Part 9: Cinderella (J-Hope)

Warning: There is abuse in this chapter
————————————————————

"If you keep in believing . . ."

'I can't believe I actually got to dance with him! We spent the whole night together', Jeanne thought to herself as she dipped her sponge into the soapy water in the bucket next to her. Her hands, knees and apron are completely soaked with the soapy water as she has been scrubbing the floors upon her step-mother's demand.

'He remembered my name, I never thought he would', the young blond smiled to herself before a door upstairs slammed open.

"Who was that last night?!", Brooke yelled as she stomped her way down the steps with her sister, their mother calmly following behind them.

Sierra growled, her acne scarred face scrunched into a furious expression, "She hogged the prince all night!! It's not fair!!!! Mommy, it's not fair! I thought we were going to be the princess?!?!!"

'It's not like just dancing with him immediately makes me queen or anything', Jeanne rolled her eyes as she began scrubbing again.

"Don't you worry darling, you still have two more nights to win his heart", Louis coos as she caresses both of her daughter's head, making Jeanne cringe at the sickly show of affection.

The trio finally noticed the blond woman scrubbing away on the floor, Louis smirked, "Why don't you two have a little fun while I finish up your dresses for the last night of the ball? What do you say?"

Jeanne could hear Brooke and Sierra snicker as they agreed, making Jeanne's muscles stiffen as she freezes to the bone, 'No. Not again. Why now? WHY DO THEY ALWAYS HAVE TO DO THIS TO ME?!' Jeanne screamed on the inside, but remained quite and just continued scrubbing the floor.

She could hear her step-mother turn and walk back up the stairs as her step-sisters rushed down the stairs. They walked calmly up to Jeanne and watched her movements closely but never saying a word. That is until Jeanne straighten to dip the sponge back into the bucket.

Brooke kicked the water filled bucket as hard as she could, sending it flying across the room, water sprayed everywhere. She smirked down at the water covered, terrified blond woman before her, "Whoops, my foot slipped."

Taking a deep breath, Jeanne looked down, scared, "I clean it up."

She slowly stood to her feet, still only looking at the floor, and turned around to find the bucket, only to see it laying on its side near the wall.

Just as she took her first step towards the bucket, her ankles were grabbed and pulled out from underneath her, causing her head to hit the ground. Her face came into contact with the hard wooden floor, a sharp pain flooding her entire head. She groaned and rolled to her side, only to receive a strong to her stomach causing her to cough, all the air leaving her lungs in a split second. Jeanne layed on her back, gasping for air, not being able to take in one decent breath, she felt as though her chest was tightening. All she could see was Sierra leaning on her sister as she gasped for air herself, only she wasn't in pain. She was laughing.

For Jeanne the worst part about being beaten by her sisters was that they never said a word. Her mother would always yell at her, cuss at her, scream at her, it gave Jeanne something to focus on beside the pain, it kept her from blacking out. However, when her sisters beat on her, they never say even one word. Without the yelling and screaming Jeanne has no way to prevent herself from passing out. It is complete torture to need to hear those things, but she has to focus on something other then the pain. Jeanne doesn't know what happens when she does black out with her sisters, all she knows is that she is in even more pain than she was before, when she walks up.

Jeanne could feel herself beginning to slip into unconsciousness. Black was beginning to flood her vision as she looked up at her step-sisters' faces as they beat her. The pain was unbearable, she was starting to lose feeling in her legs as they swelled with bruises already. Jeanne's vision blurred, and her eyes closed tight, letting the black emptiness take over her completely.

****** Time Skip ******

Jeanne's eyes slowly peeled opened, her muscles pulsate with pain as she tries to sit up from her lying position. Looking around her, Jeanne saw she was on the laying on the wood floor, 'I must have passed out', Jeanne thought as she stood slowly, her muscles sore from the beating. Sluggishly, Jeanne cleaned up the mess from earlier, and made her way to her bedroom with difficulty.

When Jeanne pushed open the door she was greeted by the sight of Suga curled up in a ball, asleep, 'I forgot, he's still human. I guess he'll go back to being a dog when this is over.' Jeanne quietly made her way to the small bathroom off to the side of the room. She looked into the mirror, she was a mess.

Jeanne's hair was knotted from her sisters pulling it, she had a bruise on her left cheek and she had a black eye on the right. Her lip was cut open and her whole face was swollen from being kicked and punched over and over again.

The blond turned on the sink and splashed her face, wincing at the cold water filling the cut her lip. She doused her face two more times before drying her face. Looking back at her reflection she sighed, 'At least the swelling went down a little, it'll go down with time.'

Jeanne pulled her hair out of its bun, forcing her fingers through the strands to smooth it out a bit. When she reached for her brush, she heard a low growl from behind her. Spinning around Jeanne came face to face with a very angry brunette.

Suga's head was down, his hair covering his wide eyes slightly, his teeth were bared and she could him quietly snarling, "They beat you again. Didn't they?"

It came out more as a statement then a question. Suga has always barked and growl at her step-family when they hurt her, but now he could actually do something about it.

Abruptly, Suga turned on his heel and stomped towards the door.

'NO!', Jeanne ran after Suga, throwing her arms around him, trying to stop him from leaving the room.

"Let go! I'm going to stop them from ever hurting you again!!", Suga yelled, pulled himself forward, trying not to cause her anymore pain then she was already in.

Jeanne shook her head as she tightened her grip around him, causing pain to shoot up her arm, "You can't Suga! Mother will just throw you out and then they'll beat me for having a man in the house!! Please don't!!"

"Jeanne! I'm not a man!! I'm a dog!"

"But you're a man right now Suga! You're the only friend I have in this place . . . . please don't leave", Jeanne pleaded the brunette not to leave the room, she didn't want him to be kicked out, she didn't want to be punished again.

The once dog stood still for awhile, before sighing deeply. Suga pried the woman's arms off of him, he walked back over to the bed and curled up into a ball. The brunette looked at his owner that now stood at the side of the bed, Suga reached up and pulled slightly at her hand.

Jeanne chuckled, "Even in human form, you still do that." Jeanne sat next to the brunette, gently putting his head in her lap and began to play with his hair. When he was a dog, Suga would gently bite her hand which was signal for her to put him in her lap and pet him, it helped him sleep.

Suga nudged her hand slightly and closed his eyes, "I want to protect you, I don't want you to be in pain."

Smiling, Jeanne nodded, "I know."

—————————————————————
It's been so long!!
I've been really stressed lately and haven't been able to write as much as I would like.
I'll hopefully be able to update more often, just stay with me 🤣
Thank you all for your support!!💜

- GrandmaChipmunk🐿