You're not going to starve yourself on Thanksgiving

Hiccups POV

Astrid and I have been depressed for a week or two now. Astrid had a miscarriage and we were so joyful for Astrid getting pregnant we even threw a grand party in the great hall. But one night Astrid woke up In extreme pain and I carried her to Gothi's.

We haven't really done much just stayed inside all day, and the village don't complain about us doing it and they understand. My mom's taking over cheif dutys until we get past it. But that's easier said then done.

Astrid was worse of then me, of course, I mean she was the one carrying the baby and it kills me that she still blames herself. We both don't really eat anymore. I might have a biscuit and that's it. Astrid wont even drink.

"Babe, please just have one drink. You can't keep blaming yourself for what happened." She still just stared blankly and the end of the bed. We had bags under our eyes from lack of sleep. "No thanks." I sighed. I sat next to her and wrapped my arms round her.

It was Thanksgiving. The due date of our baby. "Do you want to do anything today Milady." I didn't get a response.
"Astrid?" I looked down to see her with her eyes closed and asleep on my chest. I smiled this was her first time sleeping in days. I kissed her forehead which felt a little hot. I put my hand on it and found out she had a fever. I called toothless and he came to me with some water. I used just my left arms cause my right was wrapped round Astrid and I didn't want to wake her. I placed a cold flannel on her head. I soon fell asleep too. Resting my head on top of hers.

Yes? No?