A Day at the Beach

Start from the beginning

"I can't exactly stand up right now," he explained.

It was Emily's turn to clear her throat.

Kelly squirted the lotion onto her spine and proceeded to expertly coat her back, neck, shoulders and sides.

Luxuriating in the feel of his capable hands as he massaged her muscles, Emily let a small moan escape. Then she noticed a middle-aged man, on a blanket ten feet away, eyeballing them.

I guess I attracted more than Kelly as an audience...

Emily nodded in the direction of the man and said, "I think he likes the show." She leaned her head back against Kelly's shoulder and chuckled.

Kelly kissed her neck. "Well you are the best thing to look at on this beach."

He turned her face more fully towards him and slipped his tongue into her mouth. Emily easily forgot about the eyes upon them.

Soft sand swallowing my feet... Waves breaking in that hypnotic shushing rhythm... Kelly's chest slick against my back... His arms around my waist... Coconut scent enveloping us... I could stay like this all day... 

But Kelly soon broke their kiss and pushed Emily up from his lap. "If I don't get into the water and cool off, I might give everybody out here a totally different show." 

He sprung from his chair, grabbed her hand, and together they ran down into the frigid water. They spent the proceeding hours enjoying the sand and surf.

On the ride home, Emily sat in the front seat, while John and Sam made use of the backseat. She held Kelly's hand and swirled her finger around his palm.

I know this drives him crazy...

Kelly kept squeezing her hand and looking over at her. He shook his head. He raised his eyebrows. But never did he pull his hand away from hers. At one point, Kelly stopped short at a light because he had snuck a look Emily's way and nearly ran through the red.

John barked, "What the hell Kelly! Are you trying to kill us?"

"Sorry man!" Kelly apologized. He faced Emily, cheeks crimson. "Won't happen again."

That's the first time I've seen him blush...

So Emily agreed wordlessly to stop. Instead, she let Kelly's hand settle on her thigh. He rubbed circles on her skin the way he had that first drive home.

In a way that drives me crazy...

He pulled into the development and dropped Sam at home.  Then turned around the corner onto the Randazzo driveway to unload the beach chairs and cooler into the garage.

When they walked into the backyard they found John Sr. grilling sausage. "How were the brakes?" he asked Kelly.

"Great. They were very responsive," Kelly answered.

"Thank God because Kelly stopped short a couple times. Distracted driving..." her brother mocked.

"I hope you weren't texting while driving," said Suzanne, as she set the patio table.

Kelly remained silent while John answered for him. "No, he was flirting while driving."

Emily felt her ears flush magenta. "Maybe he was distracted by the amount of face sucking going on in the backseat."

Her father brought the meat over to the table. "Okay enough teasing. Shut up and eat – all three of you!"

Emily heard her phone's text alert during dinner but didn't look at it.