- Tuesday, May 31st - Reveille

She heard Evan's voice before she heard the alarm.

"Emily..." He stroked her hair aside. "Emily your alarm just went off." He gently rubbed her back.

She woke more fully to find her head resting on his chest, his arms around her and their legs tangled together.

Evan reached over to her nightstand to shut the harsh beeping coming from her phone. His shirt smelled like dryer sheets when he moved.

"Ughhhh," she groaned and wiped an embarrassing bit of saliva from her mouth.

"Sorry," she mumbled looking at the tiny spot of drool on his t-shirt.

"It was my pleasure being your pillow," he murmured and she felt the press of his pleasure on her hip.

"I'm surprised that you wake up to a beep and not music," he remarked through a yawn.

She explained, "I would never get out of bed to shut the music off. I'd want to lay here and listen."

"Well you don't seem that quick to get up right now either," he teased and then kissed the top of her head.

Emily joked back, "Well you shut off the annoying alarm for me. So I have no reason to move yet."

However, the approaching sound of Emily's father whistling reveille made them both jolt upright.

John Sr. knocked on the door and bellowed through the wood, "Time to get up Em! You better get moving! We're leaving in twenty minutes."

Emily awkwardly climbed over Evan and turned on the bedside lamp while she yelled back, "I'm up. I'm up. I'll be ready."

Evan stood and stretched. Emily watched as his fingertips almost reached the ceiling. She grabbed her bra and started to put it on under her shirt.

He whispered suggestively, "I can help you with that."

"No chance. I'll never be ready in time then." She whacked his approaching hands away.

He continued to stand there, with his charmingly disheveled bed-head, and sleepily watched as Emily pulled her uniform skirt over her pajama shorts. When she removed them from beneath her skirt, he shook his head at her.

"So modest all of a sudden?"

So she pulled off her pajama top and stood there in her bra before putting on her white uniform shirt.

"Is that more like it?"

"Yes, thank you. That gives me something to daydream about during Economics class today." He gripped her in a hug.

She rolled her eyes at him. "As if I haven't given you enough already this weekend."

Evan laughed. "True enough."

Emily pressed her face against his chest and breathed in his sleep-warmed scent.

"Plus, this uniform is nothing special. You can see thousands just like it all over the five boroughs."

Evan whispered into her scarlet ear, "It's not about the uniform; it's about the girl that's in the uniform."

She squeezed him tighter.

"Will you kiss me goodbye Jersey Boy?"

"I do want to kiss you Brooklyn. But I don't want it to be goodbye."

Then Evan leaned down and Emily stood on her toes as they met each other halfway.

When they separated, Evan joked, "Thankfully we both have morning breath."

Emily watched as he climbed out of her window and sneaked across their lawns to make his way back into his own bedroom.