Epilogue pt. 5

~ Four years later ~

"And.... we're back to just being best friends!" Chenle says as he tosses the pen on the table before clapping his hands together.

"I didn't expect a one year thing to last fours years" You admit bashfully as you stare at the papers that laid in front of you. Right now you and Chenle found yourselves seated side by side on the couch in your office. He had passed by to finalize the divorce and get the papers signed.

"Don't worry y/n! If that's how long we need to be together to get your brother out then it's fine! Plus, the extra years got my old man off my back from suspecting my plan"

When you finish signing the papers yourself, you sigh, leaning your head on Chenle's shoulder as you reach for his hand. You hold his hand in both of yours, rubbing small circles at the back of his palm.

"Thank you"

"Don't sweat it"

"I mean it 'Le, thank you for everything"

~~~~~ 

"So um... Hello everyone"

You mutter awkwardly as you walk up the staircase, brushing your fingers against the railing. Your brother's and the other gang members in jail's release papers have just been processed and those men were currently on the way here.

"Five years.... I've been with you guys for five years" You mutter as you look down at everyone from the balcony.

"And throughout those five years, you guys have been by my side, helping me rebuild this gang and I'm really grateful for you all. We wouldn't be where we are right now if even one of you wasn't here. But sadly... I have to go"

People knew that this was eventually going to happen but to hear the words leave your lips, it made everyone's heart hurt.

You flash everyone a sad smile before walking down the staircase to be pulled into a group hug by the members. Just then, the main door bursts open and in come the old gang members who were arrested five years ago.

"Zhong Chenle is not to be messed with" Johnny mutters as he walks in, still amazed that his life sentence was changed. The moment he walked through the doors, Ten threw himself at the guy and peppered his face with kisses.

When they rush through the doors, you immediately run to your brother and wrap your arms around him, pulling him into a tight embrace. "I missed you guys"

"And we missed being home"

After letting go of your brother you turn to face the man who was standing awkwardly at the side, waiting for you. You chuckle at Taeyong who flashed you a small smile before spreading his arms wide open. 

You walked over to him and just let him hug you, sighing with the relief at the fact that he was back.

When you two pull apart you see that everyone's attention is on you both. Some were shooting odd or awkward stares while others were giving suspicious glances.

"What?"

No one speaks for a moment and you and Tayeong arch a brow. "What?"

"Fine I'll say it. I'm pretty damn sure that we all have this on our minds... what are you two?" Doyoung finally asks.

"Friends" You and Taeyong say in sync.

Doyoung arches a brow making you roll your eyes at him.

"We ended it like four years ago Doyoung" You mutter.

Everyone still has a brow arched. "God, do y'all need every little detail?!"

Awkward silence fills the air after that. You sigh before turning to face your brother once again.