38

"WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK ARE YOU DOING HERE?!" You scream once you and Jaemin are alone and back in your room.

Jaemin cringed at the volume of your voice at first before suddenly breaking into a small smile.

"I'm here to join a gang?"

You sigh.

"Jaemin I'm serious here! It's dangerous! You shouldn't hav-"

"-yeah...It's dangerous but you're here. All alone."

Jaemin says, cutting you off as he looks at you with a serious gaze that for some reason you can't seem to look away from.

"y/n, to be honest, I'm mad." Jaemin breaks eye contact with you as he leans against the door, staring the floor. You just shoot him this questioning look.

"Mad at the fact that you didn't tell me that any of this was happening! y/n, I was worried sick when you disappeared! And a few days later, I suddenly discover that my best friend used to date the biggest boss in the mafia before?! Who I EVEN FOUGHT OVER TEXT?!"

You chuckle at the last statement as memories of your last year in highschool come rushing back.

~~~~~

"Why is 'Le absent today?" You mutter lifelessly as you walk beside Jaemin to your next class.
Jaemin rolls his eyes at your statement before cursing at himself for being jealous of your best friend.

"Why do you want to see Chenle so much?"

The words slip Jaemin's lips before he could stop himself and he's about to slap him mouth shut when you suddenly speak.

"I have something to tell him"

"Well you can always tell me" You turn to Jaemin with wide eyes, not expecting to him to say that. You did just become friends recently.

"Well I..." You hesitate, thinking if you could trust Jaemin and just tell him everything.

"Nevermind"

Jaemin sighs. Just when he thought that he was about to get closer to you. He's about to start another topic with you when your phone buzzes. He sees  how your face lights up upon seeing who was texting you, making his heart hurt.

'Asshole' He thought.

Honestly speaking, Jaemin never knew how he became close friends with the school's terror student and billionare. Sure, he had other friends but he never expected his closest friends to be you and Chenle.

Another thing he never expected was liking you.

Which is why he was so irritated when he found out through Chenle that you had some relationship or whatever with some unknown guy.

Sure, he respected your privacy but a part of him just hated it whenever other guys tried to get close you.

He remembered pointing you out to his friend Jeno while they were by the pool and when Jeno said that you were cute, Jaemin didn't hesistate to push the guy in the pool.

He knew you had some secret life but hated how you never wanted to open up to him. The least he could do is know who you're out with so that he cam approve of the guy.

"Wanna go eat out today?" He awkwardly asks.

"Your treat?" You ask with a cheeky smile. Honestly, how could Jaemin say no to your smile.

"Aish! Only because it's you princess" He says, ruffling your hair.

~~~~~