29

"Hey... She knows that it isn't true. I never really saw her as a little sister. I just convinced myse-"

"-Yeah yeah, whatever. Save your sorry excuses for later and let me finish the story!" Chenle says, waving Taeyong off.

It had been over an hour since Chenle started telling the story of how you ended getting mixed up in the mafia and he wasn't even passed freshman year which worried everyone.

"So while my sister's being held captive by Mark, we're all here arguing about how Taeyong actually felt about her?" Jaehyun asks, dumbfounded about the situation.

Jaemin sighs before checking his phone to see what time it is,when he suddenly sees a text from Yukhei making his eyes go wide.

one message from y/n's future ☹

He'd been trying to contact the guy for days, thinking that if anyone knew where you were, it would be him since you two hung out a lot and since Yukhei was the last person with you before you disappeared.

And when he found out about how Yukhei kidnapped you, he excused himself to go out to the restroom in the middle of the story to text the guy, still not believing that he would do something like that.

from: y/n's future ☹
to: Jaemin

y/n's safe. Don't worry. I'll protect her. Besides, Mark's just letting her stay in her holding room for now.

Jaemin quickly sends a reply.

from: Na Jaemin
to: Yukhei

What the actual fuck Yukhei! You have a shit ton of explaining to do when we see each other again! But for now, I'll trust you to keep her safe so if anyone hurts her, you're dead meat.

"Guys"

Jaemin suddenly says, breaking up the mini argument that was happening between the young billionaire, gang leader and brother.

"Finish the story quickly and tell me the plan already so we can save y/n's butt!... I think she's safe for now since the Mark guy's just letting her stay in her holding area"

At his statement, the three stare at Jaemin with wide eyes and arched brows before asking how Jaemin knows that.

"Yukhei told me"

Jaehyun purses his lips, Chenle rolls his eyes while Taeyong groans in irritation at the mention of the name.

"YOU STILL TRUST HIM?" Chenle screams with disbelief.

"How the heck did you contact him?" Jaehyun asks.

"You can't trust a word that he says" Taeyong mutters in an annoyed tone.

Jaemin gets taken aback for a moment but he blinks his shock away and clears his thoughts.

"Look, you may all get mad at me for this but I know Yukhei more than you guys and he really likes her okay? He doesn't stop blabbing about her in our shared classes at school. And despite being a member of this 'Mark' guy's gang, I trust him when he says that he'll protect her"

"Tch. PROTECT HER?! IF HE LIKED HER, HE WOULDN'T HAVE KIDNAPPED HER IN THE FIRST PLACE!"

Taeyong screams, slamming his fist on the coffee table.

"Yukhei was an orphan alright! I know that much which is probably why he still follows this Mark guy's orders. That gang might be his only family! And I get it, the reason doesn't justify the action but still! The dude's probably trying to look for a good inbetween!"

Taeyong still seems unconvinced and keeps a straight face throughout Jaemin's mini speech but Jaehyun and Chenle see the sincerity in Jaemin's words.

"Trust me when I say I'll never lie to you and trust me now when I tell you not to trust me" Chenle mutters, remembering the words that you told him from your story.

"I still don't believe him" Taeyong says with conviction, wanting to end the discussion on Yukhei.

Jaemin was honestly intimidated by Taeyong but something about how Taeyong sounded so petty just made him snap.

"WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU BEING SO IMMATURE RIGHT NOW! NOW'S NOT THE TIME TO ACT LIKE SOME JEALOUS BOYFRIEND! MY BESTFRIEND NEEDS HELP! SO YOU ALL BETTER JUST FINISH THE STORY OR TELL ME THIS GODDAMN PLAN OF YOURS! "

Everyone goes silent towards the end of Jaemin's outburst as Jaemin glares at the said top gang leader.

It ends up as a staring contest between Taeyong and Jaemin but when reality sinks in, Taeyong breaks eye contact and sighs.

"Sorry" He suddenly mutters. He honestly didn't know why he was so mad.

Maybe it was because of the fact that you trusted someone who wasnt him so much.

Maybe it was because of the fact that he thought that no one would take you away from him.

Maybe it was because of the fact that you probably liked Yukhei back.

He honestly didn't know.

But Jaemin was right. He was being immature.

"I'm sorry for acting this way. Chenle, just finish the story quickly so we can tell Jaemin the plan"

If there was one thing that Taeyong learned from being the leader of a gang, it was how to lower his pride and apologize when he was at fault and when it was needed.

And now was one of those times.

Chenle mutters an apology as well before continuing the story.

"Jaemin, here comes the important part..."

"This is why I trust you with my sister so much" Jaehyun mutters, glancing at Taeyong.

Silence fills the air when Chenle pauses for a few seconds before saying

"...Summer after freshman year"