42

"Yukhei..." You trail off as you two stare at the night sky. For some reason, there were no stars tonight.

Yukhei simply hums in response, eyes close as he enjoyed the cool breeze. When you remain silent though, he opens an eye and turns to face you.

"What is it?"

"Nothing really... I- " You contemplate on whether or not you should tell Yukhei what you're feeling.

"I'm scared" You finally admit after a long pause. Yukhei sits up upon hearing your words. "y/n what's wrong?"

"I'm just thinking about how it all ended up this way and it sucks"

Yukhei releases a bitter chuckle at your words before lying down once again to stare at the blank canvas that you called a sky.

"Yeah it does"

Silence engulfs you and Yukhei for a moment. It's not comfortable but neither is it suffocating.

It's just silent.

"I never asked before but why..." Yukhei trails off, wondering if he should still ask the question that's been lingering in his head for a while.

"Why what?" You ask, shifting and laying on your side to look at Yukhei.

"Why did you and Taeyong breakup?"

You purse your lips together. "As much as I hate to admit it, you two looked good together"

You chuckle at his words. The silence must've loved your company at this point because it kept on coming back. But you used it's presence to think on whether or not you should tell Yukhei.

'Shit's about to happen soon'

Jaemin's words ring in your ears and you think 'fuck it, I should just tell him'

~~~~~

"Why'd you call me Tae, didn't you say that we should be well rested for d-day" Jaehyun jokes as he enters Taeyong's office.

Taeyong remains silent though making Jaehyun arch a brow at the guy.

"Taeyong we'll be fine tomorrow" Jaehyun comments when he notices how tense the said guy is, thinking that Taeyong was just worried about tomorrow's events.

"It's not that- Jae I- You-" Taeyong keeps cutting himself off, not knowing how to word out what he was about to say next.

"It's about what happened to your sister. The real reason that I broke up with her"

Jaehyun's eyes go wide. Anger starts to boil up within him for some reason, maybe it was his brotherly instinct but either way he remains silent and simply takes a seat.

"Fine. Tell me, what the fuck happened?"

~~~~~

Despite how risky Jaehyun's first solo mission was back at your first year in high school, and despite the technicalities, it was still a success.
Taeyong realized Jaehyun's potential at deals and transactions so with your permission, Jaehyun was sent on a lot of far away missions. Sometimes alone, sometimes with another member.

It was your last year in high school. Jaehyun was on another long mission and right now, you found yourself walking home with Jaemin. Much to Jaemin's dislike, his house was nearer to the school which meant that he couldn't walk you all the way home.

Honestly, he tried to walk you home but you always protested since he would have to go back and forth and that would be tiring for him.

"Bye Nana!" Yoy say with a small smile, waving at Jaemin and waiting for him to enter his house before you head home yourself.