16

~ Two days ago ~

"Jaemin?"

"Yeah?"

"I miss our best friend" Chenle mutters, head resting on the table as he watches Yukhei try to drag you off somewhere, the both of you laughing your butts off.

It looks like you jokingly refuse Yukhei so the said boy suddenly lifts you over his shoulder as you repetitively hit his back, screaming things like "Put me down!"

Chenle sees Yukhei put you down and watches as you glare at Yukhei with flushed cheeks.

You punch the said guy on the arm before storming off. All while Yukhei was shaking his head, a smile never leaving his face as he followed you out of the cafeteria.

"GIVE HER A BREAK 'LE! SHE NEEDS TO GO OUT MORE! TO SEE THE WORLD!" Jaemin screams, slapping his friend on the back.

"YOU DIDN'T NEED TO SLAP ME!" Chenle screams back, facing Jaemin and glaring at him.

"Besides... don't you think that something's fishy about this Yukhei guy" Chenle mutters.

Jaemin just rolls his eyes before slamming his head on the table.

"There you go again"

"Jaemin, I just don't think that it's normal for a guy to suddenly enroll in the middle of the year and befriend y/n out of all of the people in this school"

"Again, maybe he's just friendl-"
Before Jaemin could finish his statement, Chenle cuts him off.

"-Nana, boys are scared of her! Even our chem teacher is scared of her!"

Jaemin scrunches his nose as the memory of Chemistry class flashes in his head.

"Well, she did almost make the whole school explode by creating a bomb that she 'learned from the internet'" Jaemin says with a shrug.

"That's not the point! The point is that us two and Wendy are the only people who see her for her and not some mysterious and sketchy person so Yukhei in the picture is just-" Chenle stops mid-sentence, unable to describe the bad feeling he has whenever Yukhei's there.

Sure, Chenle knew that he sounded selfish and sounded as though he had a personal grudge on the guy, heck he even knew that he sounded as though he was infatuated with you, but Chenle, being the son of one of the most successful people in Korea and China knew that something wasn't right.

"Well maybe Yukhei's just like us" Jaemin mutters.

"What if he sees her for who she really is and just genuinely likes her. Haven't you ever thought of it that way?" As Jaemin speaks, he looks at Chenle with eyes that hold something that Chenle could clearly see as disappointment.

Chenle remains silent at that. 
Maybe Jaemin was right.
Maybe he was just being paranoid and didn't like the fact that things were changing.

Chenle sighs.
"Fine, I'll give the guy a chance"

And from the corner of his eye, he could see Jaemin flash a small smile.

~~~~~

"So mind telling me where the hell we're going?" You ask as Yukhei drags you to the back of the school. For some reason, your eyes always end up from Yukhei's back to your intertwined hands.

Yukhei's hand is always warm.

"You'll see!" He replies, turning to face you and flash you a smile. 

Yukhei stops his tracks and let's go of your hand and you don't know why but a part of you feels disappointed. 

Then he suddenly takes a deep breath. Why does he seem nervous?