33

Day 34: 'I love it, love it, love it too'

'This is a bad idea Taeyong' He keeps repeating to himself as you two line up fot the Ferris wheel, remembering Johnny's stupid 'piece of advice'

"Dude, if you really want to be sure about your feelings for her then find out from the most cliché way possible. Go to some carnival or amusement park with her and act like you're on a date! And like every cliche story, save the Ferris wheel for the last ride" Taeyong just arches a brow at friend who takes the action as a sign to continue. 

"THEN when you two are at the peak of the Ferris wheel and she looks at the window to see the view while you stare at her, thinking that she looks fucking beautiful then move closer and kiss her. If you realize that after the kiss, you feel nothing, then make up some stupid excuse like, 'oh I thought there was something in your eye and accidentally lost my balance'" Johnny ends, poorly imitating Taeyong's voice while adding some dramatic hand gestures.

'It's a stupid idea but I'm doing it anyway' 

As you both got on the Ferris wheel, Taeyong once again, asked himself why he was doing this. Maybe it's because he couldn't sleep for the past nights thinking about his feelings for you. 

The first thing that you did the moment you got on was head over to the window to look at the view despite still being near the ground. Taeyong only chuckled at your actions.

And as it went up, silence surrounded the both of you. But it was a comforting kind of silence. 'Why the heck is the scenario the same as the one Johnny said' Taeyong thought to himself, a little creeped out by the whole thing. Although his train of thoughts are cut off when you break the silence.

"Hey Tae" You mutter, turning away from the view of the carnival lights to face Taeyong.

"Yeah?"

"Thanks... for everything"

And Taeyong didn't know why, but at that moment, everything just seemed to stop. And you looked...

"You look fucking beautiful" He mutters, slowly moving closer. Your cheeks heat up at his statement and you want to look away, embarrassed for your flushed face but his intense gaze keeps you in place.

And Taeyong leans in until his face is barely and inch away from yours as he gently brushes the knuckles of his hand on your cheek.

At that moment, it was as if you both knew how the each person felt for the other.

Taeyong's gaze travels from your eyes to your lips and he slowly tils his head as you close your eyes and wait.

When nothing happens after a few seconds, you open your eyes to see that Taeyong had pulled back and was now just staring at you with wide eyes.

"Sorry" he suddenly mutters, looking away.

"There was...some dust on your cheek"

"Oh"

"Yeah... sorry"

~~~~~

After the Ferris wheel thing, things between you and Taeyong became awkward.

Maybe awkward was even an understatement.

After bringing you home, you locked yourself in your room and curled yourself up into a ball, unable to control your beating heart.

What the fuck was all of that earlier?

The days after that were awkward. Taeyong would still visit you everyday but he never stayed over anymore and kept his distance and you think that you both knew why.

Day 48: -

Summer was almost over.

Summer was almost over and your brother wasn't back.

And for the past nights you've been experiencing nothing but nightmares or sleep paralysis. Some dreams showed images of your brother being killed in cold blood and his body being dropped in some ditch. Other nights you would be in the dream as well, though as they hurt your brother in front of you, you would either be all tied up or unable to move.

You've had a few nightmares before but not every night. And the worst part was that Taeyong never stayed over anymore. After Taeyong discovered about you nightmares, if he wasn't busy, he would stay over or he wouldn't leave until he knows that you're okay.

His sweet actions and the fact that he was with you everyday made you open up to the guy about a lot of things. You told him your secrets, your dreams, your fears and some things which even your brother didn't know about.

Usually, if you'd have a nightmare, you'd just go in Jae's room, where Taeyong slept, and lay beside him and cry. Then he'd wake up and just whisper words of comfort and reassure you that your brother is safe.

You had just woken up from another bad dream and ran to Jaehyun's room only to realize that it was empty.

Fear and anxiety started to creep up within you but a part of you just couldn't bring yourself to ask Taeyong to come over.

You had already reassured him before that the nightmares had stopped and he probably felt awkward since the Ferris wheel. You didn't want him to stay over and be uncomfortable just for your own little problems.

So you tried to sleep it off again.

Which probably wasn't the best idea.

It was like the world just didn't want you to rest because every time you'd try to sleep, you'd get nightmares again.

Day 49: 'I showed myself to you so show yourself to me too'

Taeyong entered your house to see you seated in the dining room, head on the table, sleeping beside what looks like three empty mugs of coffee.

He heads over to where you are gently wakes you up.

"y/n.... y/-"

"-STAY AWAY FROM ME AND MY BROTHER YOU FUCKING-"

You get up and start to try and hit Taeyong but he holds your arms to prevent you from doing so.

"LET ME GO! LET ME G-"

"-Y/N! ITS JUST ME! ITS TAEYONG! ITS ME!"

Upon hearing his words, you slowly calm yourself down and stare at Taeyong, stretching your hand out and touching his face, as if you didn't actually believe that he was right in front of you.

"...Hi" You say awkwardly when the whole situation sinks in, dropping your hand and looking away from Taeyong.

"You said that the nightmares stopped" He mutters with a disappointed look.

"They di-"

"-If you wanted me to stay over then you should've said so"

"but I thought that you'd be uncomfortable" He shoots you a confused look at your statement. And you hesitate to speak at first but tell him anyway.

"After the Ferris wheel...you stopped staying over."

"Oh...that"

~~~~~

That night, you and Taeyong laid side by side on your bed as you told Taeyong about all of the nightmares that you were having. You felt so vulnerable yet safe all at the same time and it scared you but it just felt so natural to open up to him.

What Taeyong didn't expect though, was him opening up to you as well. As you told him about your fears, he did the same. He told about his worries and how being a leader was hard and that the weight on his shoulders got heavier as the days went by.

He didn't expect to share secrets or tell stories that he had never told anyone else but he told you about them anyway.

That night, you fell asleep beside Taeyong without any nightmares.