1k Special

Jung y/n. 3rd year highschool

"Wait what?"

"Some guy texted me through your phone and told me to back off and shit" Taeyong says with a pout.

Right now, you found yourself on the couch of Taeyong's base, leaning against his shoulder on your phone while he looked over some new deal that he made with a gang called Monsta X.

He saw you texting one of your friends which made him bring up a topic that's been getting on his nerves for a while now.

At first, no one really comes into your mind when Taeyong tells you the news, your phone is always with you.

But then you remember that one time that you and Jaemin went out when Chenle was absent.

Your lips automatically mouth an 'ah, so it was him' which doesn't go unnoticed by Taeyong.

"So who messaged me?"

"Just a friend of mine" You murmur, trying to avoid the topic. If there was one thing Taeyong was whenever you were around other guys who you weren't related to, it was jealous.

He almost shot Ten on the leg once for joking around with you. Ten knew Taeyong was a jealous guy and you knew that he was dating Johnny already so you didn't really mind it when he kissed you on the lips but apparently Taeyong didn't know that Ten was gay so he shot the guy near the foot.

"A friend that's probably crushing on you... what's his name?"

"Taeyong" You groan. There he was again being all jealous.

"Come on, he could be a part of some gang or a thief or-"

"-He came from the province and is the son of a damn farmer! He's cute innocent and harmless!"

"Cute?"

You give Taeyong this 'are you serious?!' look. 'Was that all that you heard from what I said?!' You think to yourself.

Giving up on explaining to Taeyong that Jaemin was okay you just turn your attention back to your phone, mumbling.

"Lee fucking Taeyong I am so done with you"

~~~~~

"I like you"

"Fuck" Is all you're able to reply once the words slip Jaemin's lips. His eyes go wide and so do yours when you realize what you just said.

Right now, you and Jaemin were on the school rooftop. It was lunch time when he dragged you to the rooftop, leaving Chenle behind.

"IM SORRY! I MEANT WHAT? NOT-"

His chuckle halts your words making you shoot a confused look at the guy.

"You're just too cute"

Your cheeks heat up making Jaemin chuckle once again and for a moment all that you could think about was his smile.

As you stare at him, it makes you wonder. If you were born in a different time, or if you met through different circumstances or if you weren't in the mafia, then maybe you'd actually answer him.

Jaemin approaches you and pinches your cheeks, flashing his golden smile.

"I know that you're secretly dating some guy and all and I respect that. I mean I don't like the idea but I respect it."

Jaemin pauses for a moment, thinking of to say next.

"Honestly, I never wanted to tell you about my feelings but Jeno forced me to. Please don't get all awkward around me. I treasure our friendship too much"