8

"What?"

You ask in disbelief, eyes wide from shock as Taeyong shoots you this 'I told you so' look.

"Maybe his information from China wasn't transferred ye-"

"-Stop trying to defend a guy that you just met!" Taeyong says with an irritated sigh, cutting you off.

Your eyes go wide again, shocked at Taeyong's words as the memories of your past with him come flooding back in your head.

"Then I shouldn't have defended you when we first met?!"

The whole room goes silent after that.

Taeyong stares at you with the expression that you can't seem to describe. You didn't know if it was hurt or confusion or regret, the only thing you understood was the fact that memories must have came flashing back to him as well.

"y/n... That's different-"

"NO ITS NOT!" You scream, cutting Taeyong off.  "Look, you and Jae want me to have a normal life and drinking smoothies with Yukhei made me feel normal for once! And I didn't think that I would, but I actually enjoyed it!" You rant.

Taeyong opens his mouth to speak but before any words could leave his mouth, you rant once again. "And dangerous or not, trustworthy or not, I want to be his friend! It's my choice! So if I get hurt in the end, then so be it!"

With that, you grab your phone and your other belongings then walk out, muttering a "Jaehyun, I'm going home ahead"

"Wait y/n it's not saf-" Jaehyun tried to tell you not to go home alone but stopped mid-sentence when you slammed the door on him.

Jaehyun got up from the couch and headed towards the door, about to follow you out, but stopped at Taeyong's words.

"Jae leave her be. Johnny!"

Johnny stops his work and spins his chair, arching a brow at Taeyong.

"Make sure that y/n gets home safe" Taeyong says.

"No problemo boss!" Johnny replies, getting his jacket and heading out.

Then, the room goes silent.

"You're not her boyfriend anymore Taeyong. You can't do shit like that"
Jaehyun suddenly says, breaking the silence.

At this point, Doyoung decides to wear headphones, no longer wanting to hear their conversation.

"HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY THAT IT'S BECASUE THAT YUKHEI GUY LOOKS FAMILIAR" Taeyong screams, crashing on the couch, face down on the pillows.

"It's kind of hard to believe cause the last time you said that about a guy that she became friends with, he was the son of a farmer" Jaehyun says, glaring at his best friend.

Taeyong lifts his head from the pillows and points at Jaehyun. "Okay Jae, I will admit that during that time I was a jealous prick"  

Jaehyun just scoffs.

"HEY! It's not my fault!" Taeyong screams, changing his position on the couch to an Indian sit and hugging a pillow. "That little shit even had the nerve to message me through her phone! The disrespect was-"

"-Yeah yeah Tae, I get it" Jaehyun says, chuckling at how childish his best friend was being.

"But I'm serious this time. I've seen that Yukhei guy before!" Taeyong whines along with a pout.

"Whatever Tae" Jaehyun replies, crashing on the couch beside Taeyong.

And it's silent once again. But now, it was a comforting kind of silence.

"Hey Jae" Taeyong suddenly says. Jaehyun just hums in response.

"Is she still friends with that guy?"

Jaehyun gives Taeyong this 'are you serious?!' look before muttering a "you're hopeless"

~~~~~

"So Lucas... how was your first day?" Mark asks, calling Yukhei by his alias.

"Well, if the rumors about her dating Lee Taeyong are true..." Yukhei trails off for a moment, thinking of the right words to say.

"... If rumors are true, then I can see why he'd fall for her"

Mark chuckles at Yukhei's statement before showing a serious facade once again.

"Don't fall for her though. You still have a mission"

"Don't worry. I won't"