15

Right now, you found yourself in bed as you remembered all of the nights that you snuck out of your house for your 'little, secret rendezvous' with Yukhei.

Or in short, all of the nights that you went star gazing.
Come to think of it, it's already been a few months since you met the guy. And you didn't know why but a part of you just felt so comfortable around him, that probably being the reason why you went out with him almost every other night.

As you try to fall asleep, you remember the most memorable nights where you just felt like yourself.

Where you might have felt butterflies.

~~~~~

Night 1: A week after meeting Yukhei

"Let's look at the stars, yeah?"

You remained silent at Yukhei's statement.
Maybe you were just being paranoid but why did he suddenly change the topic from whether or not you knew Taeyong.

You decided to shrug it off and help Yukhei as he set up a foldable mat that he brought along in a backpack.

After the mat was set up, the two of you laid down. You just laid flat while Yukhei had his hands behind his head.

"Yukhei, did you know that I love the night sky? Especially when the stars are out" You randomly say, not taking your eyes off of the midnight blue sea above your heads.

"Did you know that I love looking up the names and meanings of stars?" He replies.

"Then name me a star"

"Polaris" Yukhei suddenly says, pointing at the brightest star in the sky.

"Everyone knows about the North star Yukhei"

"It has a deeper meaning than just a star that gives directions you know"

"Enlighten me"

~~~~~

Night 5: A few weeks after meeting Yukhei

"There's a constellation that we'll be able to see tonight"

Yukhei says as you lay side by side once again.

This time though, you didn't fail to notice the fact that you and Yukhei laid closer, shoulders almost touching.

"And what constellation is that?" You ask, turning to face him with expecting eyes.

For a moment, Yukhei contemplated on just staring at your eyes all night instead of staring at the night sky because Yukhei would rather settle for looking at the universe than just a plain sky that he sees every night.

"Orion" he says, a little dazed as he stares at your eyes.

~~~~~

Night 14: A month after meeting Yukhei

"Do you know the story of that constellation?" You ask Yukhei as you point at a familiar constellation that he showed you a few days ago.

This time, as the two of you laid side by side. You were snuggled close to Yukhei as you used his arm for a pillow.

"My blood will stop circulating" He jokes when you move a bit to find a more comfortable position.

"Shut up, I know you love it" You joke, the constellation now long forgotten.

"You know me so well"

You look to Yukhei with wide eyes and flushed cheeks to see him looking down at you with a small smile.

"Stop joking Yukhei"

"I wasn't"

~~~~~

Night 17: Almost two months after meeting Yukhei

"GIVE ME MY SHOE BACK YOU ASS!" You scream as you chase Yukhei who was running around the park, glancing back every once and a while.

On some nights, when just staring at the sky and talking got boring, Yukhei loved to run around and play games.

His endless laughter seemed to bring life to the dead night and despite hopping around on one foot you couldn't help but laugh along.

"Seriously Yukhei! Give it BACK!" You gave up on hopping midsentence and actually ran bare foot on the grass.

Yukhei didn't know that you were that fast, so towards the end of your statement, you tackle Yukhei to ground and finally get your shoe back.

"HAH! GOTCHA!" You scream, holding your shoe up with a proud, childish smile.

Yukhei just chuckles at you.

"So are you gonna get off me or..." He trails off, a smirk on his face. Only then do you realize that you're actually straddling Yukhei.

You quickly mutter a string of apologies but it's cut short when Yukhei suddenly flips your positions until he's on top of you, pinning your hands over your head, a leg on either side of you.

"H-hey! What do you think you're... you're..." You can barely finish your statement at this point, too embarrassed with the position you're in.

Yukhei leans in and you close your eyes shut on impulse.

Suddenly, you feel his hot breath close to your ear.

"Gotcha"

A second ago he was on top of you.
A second later and he's running away with your shoe again, a mischievous smile plastered on his face.

"Cheater" You mutter, scrunching your nose.

Though on the inside you were burning up and you didn't know why but your heart felt like it was going to rip out of your chest.

~~~~~

And before you knew it, you drifted to sleep.