Epilogue pt. 3

You took a deep breath, looking at your reflection in the mirror as maids placed the final details on your dress.

Plain white with a simple sweetheart neckline and not to fitted but semi-mermaid style gown.

You stared at yourself, still unable to process the whole situation.

Just five months after the incident and so much has already happened.

You had a small burial for Jaemin. You haven't visited your brother or Taeyong yet. You haven't heard about any news from Yukhei. You burned the files. And now, you were getting married.

The door suddenly opens, snapping you out of your little dazed state and you turn around to see Chenle walk in wearing a crisp black suit.

The person standing infront of you right now wasn't your best friend, it was the son of a man with much power. He signals for the maids to leave and once they do he drops the serious facade and sighs.

"You're not supposed to see the bride before the wedding" You say, frowning at him.

He simply arches a brow. "Uh last time I checked, we weren't gonna follow those weird wedding traditions" He simply replies.

You roll your eyes at the memory of the time when you and Chenle had to meet up to discuss the wedding. Luckily, Chenle's father had given you the freedom to make a lot of decisions regarding it, as long as some of his requirements for the wedding were met which were, luckily, just simple things.

You and Chenle decided to keep it simple and only invite a few guests at the wedding, majority of them being from Chenle's side of the family.

If you were to be honest, the guest list was the most sensitive topic for you. Even though this was all business, a wedding is still a wedding. And at some point in every girl's life they had dreamed of something grand.

~~~~~

"Do you ever think about marriage Taeyong?" You ask as the two of you lay side by side in bed, Taeyong having an arm wrapped around your shoulder.

It was just another one of those nights were your brother was away and Taeyong stayed at your place to keep you company.

The question catches Taeyong off guard and he practically chokes on air but you don't seem to notice since you're zoned out.

"You know, I hate weddings now" Taeyong simply arches a brow.

"It's just that-" You pause for a moment. "I have no mother to pester me about plans and no father to walk me down the aisle"

Taeyong's eyes are as wide as dinner plates when he sees the tears in your eyes. He sighs before pulling you close to his chest.

"Don't worry y/n, cause now you have me"

~~~~~

You sigh.
Any of the possible people who you thought could walk you down the aisle were either dead, missing or in jail.

Now about his father approving of you, well, it actually went a lot smoother than Chenle had thought. It was a random day when he entered his father's office and brought up the topic. When Chenle expected his father to question him and get mad at him and interrogate him about your family history, his father just said something along the lines of "I knew you two would end up together someday! Great catch son!"

Memories aside, Chenle glances at you as you try to fix yourself up more.

"y/n?" At the mention of your name you look away from the mirror and turn to face your best friend, arching a brow at him.