Epilogue pt. 2

"So how are you?"

Chenle's voice cuts through the comfortable silence that engulfed the two of you.

It's been a month after the incident and right now you found yourself laying beside Chenle on the rooftop of his house with a blanket over the both of you as you stared at the night sky, ignoring the over-cool summer breeze.

"Well..." You trail off, pausing for a moment to collect your thoughts and compose a proper answer for Chenle.

Honestly speaking, no one can say that they'd truly be fine after the sight of a blood bath, having near death experience and loss of loved ones.

If anyone were to say that they were fine, they couldn't be called human.

But despite everything that happened, you were forced to act strong. You were forced to pick yourself up and stand on your own two feet because there was no one who could help you but yourself.

Chenle had helped with the treatment for your wounds. And a few days after the incident he had accompanied you to visit your old home.

But he could only do so much.

No less than a week after the incident, some unknown number had messaged you and asked you to go to Taeyong's base. And you didn't want to.

You didn't want to go back to the place and be reminded of all of the things that led to such a sad ending.

But you had to put up a strong front. Taeyong and your brother were in jail. Yukhei went missing and you had no idea what had happened to all of the other members.

Maybe it was time to check on them.
The moment you walk in the base, you expect it to be cold and empty but tears blur your vision and you sigh with relief the moment you see Doyoung in his usual spot, working on something.

It brought warmth and a sense of comfort to you which you were grateful for.

"Y/N!!!" Ten screams the moment he sees you, rushing over to you and pulling you in a tight embrace. You simply chuckle at his actions and stay in his arms, enjoying the feeling of family.

Once you're done checking on the members who didn't get arrested, you decide to head over to Doyoung who didn't even spare you a glance since you got back.

If this were like any other time, you would curse at him and call him rude but now, you just felt guilty. Was he mad? Did he blame you for everything?

You took a deep breath. You would have to face him at some point. Slowly, you reach out, ready to tap his shoulder and greet him but your actions come to a halt when he speaks.

"I'm not mad and never will be. Everything happens for a reason y/n so stop acting as if you carry all of the problems in the world" Your eyes go wide at his words and you should be mad at the fact that he's speaking to you this way but instead you cry tears of joy before tackling Doyoung into an embrace.

The guy is startled at first but eventually gives in, chuckling at your actions. You finally pull away and converse with them for a bit, Ten explaining his 'Bust Out My Boyfriend From Jail' plan which Doyoung doesn't approve of.

"Oh... and by the way, Sicheng has seemed to win over Mark's weapon specialist, Nakamoto Yuta so he's with us now" Doyoung informs when he notices the confused look on your face when you see Sicheng walk in the room with a man clinging to his side.