43

A/N: I suck at writing actions scenes so please bear with me pt.1

~~~~~

All you could do was stare at Yukhei as you let the things that he just said process. You slowly open your mouth to speak but for some reason, no words come out.

What were you supposed to reply to his statement?

If it isn't bad enough for you to be stuck in the middle of some gang war, while having to deal with your fucked up relationship with Taeyong, of course the universe decided to give you more problems and put your messed up feelings for Yukhei in the mix.

You'd be lying if you said that you didn't like Yukhei at least one point in your life.

Yes. The guy was messed up. He kidnapped you, hurt you and in a way, hurt your brother's gang. But he also made you feel normal, loved and took care of you.

Yukhei was just another broken soul who needed to be loved and cherished. And he did feel cherished when he was with his gang. Rather than a gang, he actually felt like he had a family. But you on the other hand, you made him feel things that he didn't even know he could feel.

You made him feel loved and happy. He doesn't think that he's ever smiled as much as he does when he's with you.

When you finally find the right words to tell Yukhei, the sound of someone clearing their throat grabs both of your attention, halting your actions.

You both turn to the entrance of the garden to see Jeno leaning against a wall.

"Lucas your shift is up"

Yukhei simply nods his head before getting up and walking out, not even sparing you a glance.

~~~~~

'Shit's about to happen soon'

The words just won't leave your head.
And you hated how it was mixing up with all of your other thoughts and adding up to all of your anxiety.

You follow Jeno back in the base and much to your surprise, instead of him turning towards the direction of your room, Jeno leads you back to Mark's office.

"Uh Jeno... wrong turn?"

"Mark's orders" For some reason, Jeno's voice seems cold. You stare at his back with confusion only to realize how tense his body seemed to be and it made you realize that you weren't the only person who felt some sick, gut-twisting feeling in your stomach that just wouldn't go away.

Under Mark's special orders, you were told to sleep in his office. No one else was in the office but yourself and there were just a few extra pillows and a blanket on the couch for you although outside, there were two people guarding the double doors. Donghyuck, Mark's right hand man and Renjun, specializing on foreign transactions.

Again, the silence mustve just loved your company. But for some reason, it was too silent. All you could do was stare at the ceiling as you tried to sleep, thinking about, well, everything.

You fell in love with your brother's best friend who turned out to be a gang leader.

You two broke up after what was almost a two year relationship because you got hurt and he didn't want to see you in that state ever again.

Although you two broke up, you both still flirted and had some unspoken issue.

"Then in comes the damn cute sniper who I bumped into on the first day" You murmur, voicing out your thoughts.

He made you fall in love with him, only to break your heart and hold you prisoner in his gang.

But while you were being held prisoner, he snuck food in, secretly brought you out and had two a.m. conversations with you like it was normal, slowly picking up the broken pieces of your heart despite getting himself cut in the process.