Just Checking

"Harry, seriously?", you groaned. "You can't just keep doing this."

Harry looked up from the TV to glance at you. "What did I do now?"

You stumbled over to him, holding the large laundry basket in your hands. "How hard is it to place your gross underwear in the laundry basket? How hard is it for you to do laundry? I literally pick up after you so much, Harry. You're so sloppy."

"Well, I mean", he started. "You never had a problem doing my laundry before."

You scoffed and shook your head at him. "No, I didn't, but now I do. So you", you placed the laundry basket over his head and dumped all of his clothes onto him. "Can go do the laundry yourself."

Harry looked at all of his clothes on the floor as you walked towards the stairs. "Babe", he frowned.

"Oh and you're also sleeping on the couch tonight", you added giving him a fake smile before going on your way upstairs and into the bathroom to take a hot shower. You knew it was rather harsh the way you were acting, but truthfully, what woman wants a man who never does anything to help around the house? No woman.

~~~~~~~~~~

You opened the door of the bathroom to walk back into your room, letting the foggy air from your steamy shower escape. One of your hands kept the towel that was hugging your body steady while the other grabbed some clothing from your dresser. You started to grab a few necessities as well when you suddenly heard a knock on the door. You turned around to see Harry with only his head peeping inside the room. "Hello, pumpkin. My beautiful, sweet girl", he grinned. You squinted your eyes at him suspiciously as he wrapped his arms around you. "I made you your favorite dinner, it's cooling down on the table, lovely."

Pumpkin? Beautiful? Sweet? Lovely? What's with all of the pet names? You rolled your eyes and elbowed him in the stomach to get him to release you from his arms. "I know what you're trying to do Harry and it's not working. You're still sleeping on the couch", you spoke, dropping your towel and placing your clothes on. You and Harry have seen each other naked plenty of times so it never really made you uncomfortable to do things such as drop your towel in front him. But by the way he was staring at you, you wanted to pull him into the bed and get carried away but you were still angry with him so instead, you got dressed, looking at Harry one last time before leaving the room. "But I'll happily go eat my food."

Once you were done eating your favorite meal like Harry said, you thanked him and walked back upstairs to get ready for bed. You plopped down on the pallet, raising up the blanket and placing it over your body before getting comfortable. You stared over to where Harry would be sleeping, a frown falling onto your face. Now you weren't going to lie, you did feel guilty about making Harry sleep on the couch, but he needs to realize that you aren't his maid and you're not the only one capable of doing laundry or chores in general.

The door suddenly opened, Harry once again peeped his head inside, a soft smile on his defined and gorgeous features. "Hey Love, you okay?"

You looked at him as you continued laying down, giving him a small nod. He nodded in return. "Just checking", he said slowly closing the door as if waiting for you to stop him. But you didn't give in. Not yet. You figured he could keep his punishment a little while longer. After all, it was great to finally have power in your own hands; Usually Harry was the dominant one with all the power, but things have clearly changed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You heard a sudden cough in the pitch black room, well besides the brightness entering the space from the open door. You groaned softly, looking over to the clock before looking at the figure in the doorway. "Harry, it's four in the morning", you whined.

"I know. Sorry, love. I just was getting a bit lonely down there. In the dark. On the uncomfortable small couch. Alone-"

"Harry just shut up and get in the bed", you said, turning on your side to escape the light.

You didn't have to turn around to know Harry was beaming brightly like a little kid. You felt the height of the bed shift slightly, raising you at a higher elevation. You felt his arms snake around you as he placed a kiss to your shoulder. "I'll clean the entire house tomorrow if you'd like", he muttered.

"Oh, you better."

He chuckled, nuzzling his head in your neck. "Yes ma'am."