Misunderstandings

You were sat at a large party table of quite a fancy restaurant. One of your hands was placed on the table, tapping against the surface, the other was rested in Harry's hand, your fingers intertwined. "Are you okay?", asked Harry.

You smiled and nodded your head, your hair falling over your shoulders. You laid your head on his broad ones and brought your tangled hands into your lap. "I'm fine. Are you okay?"

Your head was lifted up slightly once Harry shrugged his shoulders. "Eh", he muttered. "Parties aren't really my thing."

You chuckled softly looking at all the people who joined the table, laughs being heard from all around as everyone chatted. "You're telling me."

Today was your best friends birthday and she was having a huge dinner gathering for her party. Of course she invited you and she insisted on you bringing Harry though he was very drained after just ending his tour and all, but Harry being Harry didn't want his girlfriend all alone at some party.

A waitress came by, refilling you and Harry's glasses of water before placing down a tray of bread. Harry happily smiled, grabbing a slice of bread and stuffing it into his mouth. "At least the bread is good", you smiled. He was about to say something until you looked over his shoulders and gasped. You quickly raised up from your chair and left Harry sitting there to go greet one of your good friends. "Oh my goodness! Cam!", you squealed, opening your arms and taking the smiling boy into them.

"Hey cutie, I haven't seen you in a while. How have you been? Where have you been?", Cam endearingly smiled down at you.

"Where have I been? Where have you been?", you laughed.

"New York life has got me so wrapped up", he chuckled. "But my journalism job has been ascending greatly and I might even be publishing my own book soon."

"That's amazing, Cam. You always did get A's in English class", you stated. It was true. You and Cam go way back all the way to middle school and ever since then, he's had this obsession with writing  and he was so talented at it.

"Thank you, darling, but what about you?", he asked grabbing your hand in his.

You smiled at him sweetly. "I've been doing good, really. Just working and living with my boyfriend trying to balance both work and relationship. You know how that goes."

"I'm guessing it's the curly haired guy over there who's been glaring at me ever since you came over here", he noted, motioning his head over to Harry.

You could feel Harry's eyes burning into the back of your head, but you ignored him. "Oh, I'm sorry I didn't realize. He can be um...intense", you slightly laughed.

Cam let go of your hand. "I get it. You're a great girl", he smiled. "Well um, I'll leave you to it, I'm gonna go sit by Y/F/N and give her her present. Have a good time and I'll chat you up later", he promised with a kiss to your cheek.

He walked away and you made your way to the table once more to sit back down next to Harry. "Wow, I'm surprised there's bread left", you beamed at him.

"You've got to be kidding me."

He was staring at you with angered eyes, his jaw was clenched and his fist were balled on the dining table. "What?"

"I don't give a shit if he's your friend, you just let him grab your hand and kiss you on the cheek. Then you're just gonna come back over here smiling all happily? If he makes you smile that fucking hard then just go over there with him."

"Harry-"

"No, I don't want to hear it. He was clearly flirting with you."

"Harry-"

"And the way he dared to look at me while he was holding your hand. He's lucky I didn't get up and punch the shit out of him. He was basically taunting me."

"Oh, I wouldn't call that taunting, love. More like undressing."

Harry furrowed his eyebrows at you. "What?"

"Harry, he's gay", you laughed.

Harry stayed quiet for a while as he stared at his glass of water, lips pursed. "You're an idiot", you giggled.

"Whatever", he groaned stuffing another slice of bread into his mouth.