24

2 days later.

The morphine in Bella's system has made her change slow. Today is the day, though, that she wakes up. Here we all are, the coven. We are all in the living room, and Rosalie is holding Renesme. I haven't held the child since she was born. My eyes are still white....

"Are you still visiting the Voluri tomorrow?" Rosalie asks as she cradles the child.

"Yes." I reply, avoiding looking at Renesme. "And no, I won't mention the child."

That is when I hear the foodsteps from Edward's room. He had returned with Bella, he took her for her very first hunt. I tense as she comes into the room.

"Welcome to the family." Esme coos lovingly.

"You look amazing, Bella." Alice says softly.

"Someone's been waiting to meet you." Carlisle says as he moves from in front of tissue, showing a baby who look two months old.

"Rose." Edward says to the blonde vampire.

Rosalie smiles warmly before handing Renesme to Bella, whose red eyes are shining bright. Renesme reached her hand up, and gently places it on Bella's cheek- showing off her gift. She did it to me, too.

"What was that?" Bella asks, her new strong voice surprising me.

"She showed you her first memory of you."  Edward replies simply, he's standing in front of Bella.

"Show me how." Bella muses dreamily, causing me to snicker in amusement.

"How can Athena and I read minds? How does ice see the future?" Edward asks. "She's gifted."

Bella looks down at her daughter, and furrows her eyebrows. "I've only been out two days."

"Her growth rate is extraordinary." Carlisle says with a smile.

"Okay," Jacob says as he goes towards Bella and Nessie. "that's enough experimenting for one daym"

"Jacob, she's doing great." I demand.

"You barely accept." Jacob bites back. "Let's not push it."

"What's your problem?" Bella asks as I take the baby, and smile.

"How do you calm me down so quickly, baby girl?" I coo as I twirl her.

"Oh, do tell her, Jacob." Rosalie says with a smirk, she smiles and me and Renesme.

"This should be good." Emmett comments, and he look at me. "You'd make a good mother, Athena."

"Shut up." I hiss, before laughing as Nessie giggles. "You're adorable. I accept you, baby. There is just gonna be a lot of trouble if my father and his brothers find out about you...."

"Look, it's a wolf thing!" Jacob's pleas interrupt me.

"What's a wolf thing?" Bella asks, narrowing her red eyes at the wolf.

"Um..." Jacob stammers, struggling to find the right thing to say. "You know we have no control over it. We cannot chose who it happens with. It doesn't mean way you think, Bella, I promise."

"Take Renesme out of the room, please." Bella says to me. "Edward, don't touch me right now. I don't want to hurt you."

I quickly carry the baby out onto the balcony. "You're mommy isn't happy, Renesme Carlie Cullen."

"Uh~oh." I hear Jacob whimper before I see him flying into the yard.

"YOU IMPRINTED ON MY DAUGHTER!?!?!?" Bella shrieks to Jacob as she appears in the yard.

"Mommy's protecting you, Nessie." I coo. "Although, deep deep down, she knows Jacob won't harm you."

"It wasn't my choice!" Jacob argues, finally sounding more confident.

"She's just a baby!" Bella yells, and Renesme whimpers.

"Sh, it's alright Carlie." I whisper as I sway her back and forth.

"It's not like that!" Jacob pleads. "You think Edward would let me life if it was?"

"Still debating it " I hear Edward mumble to whoever is on the porch with him.  

"Hey." I hear Cody whispers as he joins me. "Hi there, Nessie."

"Sh, this is getting good." I say to Cody as I bounce Nessie a little.

"I've held her once, one time Jacob!" Bella yells, and I rock Nessie some more before she cries. "And you already think you have some moronic wolfy claim on her?!" Bella demands as she his Jacob, sending him flying against a tree. "She's mine!"

I quickly hand Nessie to Cody and leap down, in front of Jacob.

"It's okay, Athena." Jacob grumbles as he stands up, and I pop his shoulder back in place. "Thanks."

"You're gonna stay away from her." Bella demands, and I give her a dumbfounded look.

"You know I can't do that."

Bella goes to attack Jacob, but I leap in front of her.  Bella throws me into the woods and gasps. My eyes glow white as I leave the trees.

"I'm sorry, Athena." Bella apologized as soon as she sees me.

Jacob smiles helplessly at me as I walk over to him. "Thank you for defending me."

"Hey, it's no biggie wolf." I wink. "Can I join the Black pack too, along with being in the coven?"

"I'm alpha, just so you know." Jacob winks as I get Nessie from Cody.

"Hi baby!" I coo as I rock her and I see Jasper talking to Alice, Cody looking mad. "Cody, I just noticed how unhappy you look. What's going?"

"Jasper and Alice are together, she left me for him." Cody says.

I grab Cody's hand with my free hand, and him it a small squeeze. "You're strong, you'll be ok."

I sit in front of the direllVs with Nessie while Alice leaves to show Bella her new home the coven built. Edward, Bella, and Nessie  are moving to a cottage in the woods. I stare into the fire for the night while Nessie sleeps.