7

A small time skip

A small time skip.

Bella found out the vampire secret last night, after she went shopping with Angela and Jessica. Edward exposed himself and the rest of the Cullen's, again. Rosalie is NOT happy.

I lean against my truck between Jasper and Shelby as I watch Edward follow Bella into the woods. She is confronting him, I told her to tough it out. She knew, she night as well confront him about it. It isn't like he will hurt her.

Jasper and Carlisle have been very helpful, and welcoming. Carlisle has taught me so much, he even told m more about the Volturi~ and let me take notes, weirdly. He taught me about mates, and he even had me sign a paper. I officially joined the coven last week.

Prom is coming up, also. Shelby is going with Jamal, the guy from my old group of friends? He and Libby split. She moved, to Germany where her dad is stationed in the army. I'm actually going with Jasper, he asked me. We have been an official couple for three days now.

"Rosalie hates that she knows." Jasper says to me, Shelby know now- she over heard Rosalie. "She's not happy you know either, Shelby."

"I don't care." Shelby shrugs. "My best friend is part vampire."

"I know." Jasper says with a sigh. "Come in, Athena. We have class in five minutes."

Jasper takes my hand, winks playfully at Shelby, and he tugs me along behind him. Shelby giggles as I see Jamal spin her around, she is occupied now and happy. I'm glad she has moved on from Riley.
.. 

Edward and Bella haven't returned yet, and it is lunch time. I'm sitting between Cody and Jasper. Shelby is sitting with my old group. She is over there for Jamal, she cannot stand the others.

"I think they'll work it out." Emmett says, breaking the silence. "Edward and Bella."

"Bella may look whimpy, but she doesn't doesn't easily." I admit as I stuff a green grape into my mouth. "If anything, it will cause her to grow obsessed and to love Edward now. So much, she will want to be changed to be with him forever. I've stopped growing, according to the one let hybrid on earth I video chatted with."

Rosalie just sighs. "I just hate that the secrets out."

"We all knew Shelby'd find out." Emmett says. "Her best friend is partial."

"Bella will wanna be changed, as if it should be a choice." I add, causing Rosalie to frown. "Immortality should never be a choice. I'd so rather be full human, but this is my hell. Bing a hybrid."

"Agreed." Rosalie says softly as the bell rings. ..
.. 

"The Cullen's are vampires." Bella says to me as we go home, dad's at work.

"I know." I shrug before going upstairs, and I change for work before driving to the diner.

Jermaine Graves is sitting at his usual table, by the window. His green eyes sparkle as he offers, he is so close to being put on hospice. He comes in daily, with his oxygen machine and medications. He has strange three cancer. I'm surprised he gets around as good as he does.

"Jermaine, you're looking good." I say as I hand him his usual iced water.

"Don't lie." Jermaine wheezes. "this is my last day coming here. Hospice hooks me up tomorrow. I'm stage four, now."

I snike sadly at the man and see the Webber family enter. The dad winks at me before the daughter scoffs. She just turned sixteen, her brother seventeen. They have the same birthday, just a year apart.

"Hi, Athena." The mom greets before placing everyone's orders, her husbands included.
.. 

I take a hot shower when I get home from the diner, I smell like burgers and dish suds  mixed with sweat.

Bella is sitting on my bed when I enter my room. I roll my eyes before towel drying my hair, and brushing out my family mop-- removing the tangles.

"You're pretty." Bella says.

I nod before I grab my phone. "Bella, I'm a hybrid. I'm part vampire and part human."

She hugs me, causing me to suck in some air in surprise before she goes to her room. Chuckling, I dial Carlisle's number.

"Hello, Athena." Carlisle's voice says, I hear patients in the halls.

"I want to travel to Italy, for when Bella visits your house with Edward next week." I say. "I think the royal vampires should meet a hybrid."

"Okay...."  Carlisle replied hesitantly. "I'll call and set the trip up."

After thanking Carlisle, I go to my dresser and put on some pajamas. I just talked to the vampire while naked under a silk robe. That was very awkward, but a very needed conversation.

I collapse into my bed with ease, tired. Shelby walks in, after gently tapping on my door. Bella must have let her in before she went to the diner for dad. Shelby lays beside me, and we fall asleep. I love having this girl as my best friend.