11

I stop at the top of of the ballet studio when I hear glass shatter and then I hear painful grunts. I look down to see that James had just bitten Bella. I growl before my eyes turn white. I leap down and throw James across the dance studio. Edward is staring at us. He tried to fight James off, that is when James bit Bella.

I throw James against a beam as Carlisle flashed to Bella. James stares me the eyes, pleading for his life. I bite into his neck and rip some of the skin off. The blood from the vampire eases my burning, angry throat as Jasper and Emmett rip the floor boards up.

"Please, spare me!" James pleads.

"You shouldn't have came for Bella." I say in a low growl before I rip his head off, and throw him into the fire.

Jasper grabs my shoulders as I begin feeling guilty. "You did the right thing. He nearly killed your sister."

"Did you know that Bella denies me as her sister now?" I ask. "She had just started to accept me, until she learned I was a hybrid."

"Don't worry about it." Emmett says as he drapes an arm over my shoulders, in a brotherly way. "You still love her, or you wouldn't have risked your own life to save her. We both know James could have easily killed you."

"Also, I think he was scared of your white eyes." Jasper says wirh a laugh as Carlisle leaves to take Bella to thdocsl hospital here in Phoenix.
... 

Renee rushed into Bella's hospital room several hours later. She gasps when she sees me on the couch, beside Edward. She knows that I'm aware of my adoption. I told Dad I met my birth father, so he probably told Renee.

Renee walks over to Bella as she blinks her eyes open. She smiles. Renee tries convincing Bella to move to Jacksonville with her, trying to make it out that Charlie is a vad dad.

"Renee, Charlie is a good dad." I say with an eye roll. "Bella has every right to stay in Forks, if she wishes."

"What do you know? You don't even live with Charlie anymore." Renee snaps. ..

"Ease up on her," Charlie says from the door. "I brought you good, Athena."
.... 

I ride back home with Carlisle the next morning. Charlie will be driving Bella home himself. Renee had finally left. Jasper and I go inside together, while Emmett brags to Carlisle about my fighting and white eyes from back in Phoenix.

"Emmett is bragging." Esme coos as I enter the kitchen, and I watch the moon rise. "I wish I would have seen you in action."

"It was scary." I admit as I sit in one of the stools. "James's blood tasted good to me, and he's a vampire."

"But you're okay, that's what matters." Esme says as she hugs me. "Carlisle, call and ask Sam if she can meet the pack tomorrow."

Carlisle smiles before he goes up to his study. I step outside, onto the balcony. The chilly breeze hits me and I shiver only a tiny bit. I texted Shelby when I got here, letting her know I've made it home. i told her about my eyes changing to white, and my liking the taste of vampire blood. That liking the blood taste was only when I was angry.

"Hey ." Cody greets as he comes out onto the balcony too. "Emmett keeps bragging. So, good fight I assume."

I just smile. "Emmett has been bragging since we made it home."

"Athena." Carlisle says when I walk inside with Cody. "Sam says you can come in the morning, to meet the pack. He's expecting you."

I nod before going up to my room, and I strip out of my fight clothes. The past couple days have been way too long, I need to sleep them off. I collapse into my bed right before Jasper enters my room, and he lays beside me. Jasper stays above the blankets as I snuggle closer to the loving vampire, and sleep finds me.