22

A few weeks later

It has been three weeks. Three weeks since Edward and Bella came home early from their honeymoon, three weeks since we found out she was pregnant with a hybrid baby, three weeks since I've talked to ANYBODY, three weeks.... I've been locked in my rooms.

Until today.... I hear a familiar dirtbike nearing the house, and I eventually smell wet dog. Jacob Black. Pushing part of my anger back, my eyes stay white, and I go downstairs. A weakened Bella is sitting on the couch, behind Rosalie. Rosalie supports her, because she was killed and changed before she could have kids of her own.

I jog downstairs, and I open the door. Jacob comes face to face with my white eyes. He knows they are only while when I'm craving blood, in angry, or if I'm very worried.

"So, they are back early!?" Jacob growls before shoving past me, and storming upstairs.

I flash upstairs, and find him facing off with a very disgusted Rosalie. Bella looks so hopeless behind Rosalie.

"Rose, it's okay." Bella says weakly. "Help me up."

Rosalie glares at Jacob before she carefully helps Bella up. Jacob's eyes lock on her stomach, and my eyes burn in fury when I noticed how weak she looks at this moment, this far into the pregnancy.

"You did this to her!" Jacob yells, getting in Edward's face, and I just stand back.

Normally, I would defend Edward. But this time, I will not. I disapprove also. I'll come around, maybe when the child is born. Bella will be a vampire, and no longer this weak. Edward defends himself however, and Jacob storms out. The wolf kicks his dirtbike, and phases before running into the woods.

"He cannot control his thoughts in wolf form." I say as I glide my finger over the balcony doors. "The pack will learn of the pregnancy, and Sam will NOT be happy."

"What, like you?" Bella snaps weakly.

"Worse." I reply. "Unlike me, Sam will take action."
--

I come back inside after a very careful hunt, I only got a rabbit before Sam came growling at me. He didn't try to attack, but he scared me.

Jacob is sitting in the living room with the coven when I make it up the first flight of stairs. I furrow my eyebfkans before I sit alone, alone to the balcony.

"I ran into Sam." I say. "He didn't try to attack, like he will with the rest of you."

Carlisle sighs. "Jacob, you can begin now. Everyone is here..... And alive."

"One is barely alive." I say, referring to Bella. "But yes, carry on."

"Sam has lost the element of surprise, and he doesn't want to take you on outnumbered." Jacob says, getting right to the point. "So, he's not gonna come at you head on."

"He's got the place surrounded." I say softly, staring at a set of yellow eyes through the balcony door.

Jacob nods in my direction. "And he'll wait for his opportunity."

"He won't get through without a fight." Emmett says, popping his knuckles.

"No fights." Carlisle says quickly. "We won't be the ones to break the treaty."

"The treaty is void." I sigh, staring at Bella's stoamch as my eyes burn white.

"At least in Sam's mind," Jacob says as he eyes e sadly.

"Not in ours..." Esme says.

"It is in mine, too. Like Sam's." I say.

"Carlisle," Emmett says before Esme can scold me. "Nobody has hunted in week."

"We will make due." Esme says.

"I got a rabbit a little bit ago, gave have me a scare." I admit. "That's all."

"You've done us a great service, Jacob." Carlisle says, after smiling sadly at me.  "Thank you."

I stand up abruptly when I realize the meeting is over, and I go outside. I sit in the middle of our backyard, and I hear Sam's and Paul's growls from the trees and shrubs.

"If you guys were gonna kill me, you'd have done it already." I say with ease, not scared of the wolves.

Three sets of yellow eyes shine through the darkness.. Sam is in the middle, Jared is to his right, and Paul to his left. All they do is growl lowly, because they know how right I am. I twirl my engagement ring around and I sigh.

"Hey." I hear Jasper say from behind me, and Sam growls louder this time.

"Sam, easy." I hiss. "Hey, Jas."

Jasper sits beside me as Sam's growls happen softer. "I've missed you."

I nod, frowning as my white eyes burn. "I've missed you, too Jasper."

I rest my head on the vampires arm and stare in the eyes of a new set of wolf eyes. Shelby. I smile as she grunts her greeting. Paul's wolf huffs before I hear it walk away, then Jared's. Sam and Shelby stay, because they want to watch out for me. If they had a choice and if I let them, they'd kill Jasper. But they know my temper and that I'd kill them if they Em a hair on my vampires head.

"I'm sorry that I don't accept Bella's decision." I say to Jasper.

"Don't worry about it." Jasper says.

"She just drank human blood." Emmett says as he comes out, looking hungry.

"You couldn't stay in there, could you?" I ask as I stand up, and take my friends wrists. "It's okay, you wouldn't have hurt Bella. You're stronger than you let on."

Emmett hugs me without words, and Jasper grins before he goes inside to check on Bella. Sam and Shelby lay down in woods, they aren't leaving no time soon. I take Emmett's hand before we go inside. Bella's eyes light up when she sees me.

"The wolves didn't kill you." She muses weakly.

"They love me too much," I wink. "Did the blood help?"

I press my fingers against her thin throat, and feel her pulse. "Your pulse is still weak."

"Wanna try human blood?" Carlisle asks. "Maybe I'll face your eyes."

"No. No human blood." I demand. "No."

I look in Shelby's eyes from the balcony and sigh. I hate being immortal, because of the trouble that follows.