2

It is officially mine and Bella's first day in Forks High School

It is officially mine and Bella's first day in Forks High School. For the second day of my wardrobe change, i wear another dress. This one has a bright orange skirt and a white top over my breasts. I pull on my sandals then my denim jacket before going downstairs. 

"Good morning, Athena." Dad greets  Bella isn't up yet. "You look nice."

"Thank you." I reply with a smile right before Bella comes downstairs.
........

Forks High School is a good twenty minutes away from the house, since it is on the other side of town. The working adults have caused a small traffic jam around the square.

Causing my feeling to come true, Bella ditches me at the door. It isn't because she is ashamed of me; we just find things better when alone. We do not rely on each other alone, we rely on ourselves. We will find each other ar lunch, then again when the final bell rings.

"Hey." A girl with an Asian descent says as she approaches me. "I'm Coreen, you must be new." 

"How do you guess?" I ask as she leads me throigh the crowded halls.

"Well, for one, I've never seen you around." Coreen replies with a laugh. "Two, i don't even know your name."

"Sorry, i'm Athena Swan." I say as Coreen whatsoever for me to get my schedule.
....

Being friends wit Coreen has its benefits, i guess. She leads me to her table at lunch, right beside Bella's. She had a group of friends, lime Bella does.

"Guys, this Athena." Coreen says as we sit. "Coreen, these are our friends; Roman, Claire, Marvin, Jamal, and Libby."

At the looks, i think Coreen likes Roman and Claire likes Marvin. Jamal and Libby are already a couple, according to Claire.

Claire, Coreen, and Libby start to gossip after Tyler Crowley embarrasses my sister and one of her guy friends. 

"Who are they?" I ask as a group of flawless teens enter the school, possibly vampires.

"The Cullen's." Coreen replies as she smiles dreamily at the group.

"They are doctor and Mrs Cullen’s foster kids." Claire says as she leans back. "They moved down here a few years ago, from Alaska."

"They mind of keep to themselves." Coreen days ad she eats a chicken strip.

"Yeah, 'cause they’re all together." Claire says, being the big gossip she is and all. "Like, together~together. The blonde, that is Rosalie. And the big dark-haired guy, Emmett, they are a thing.. I’m not even sure it's legal."

"Jess, they’re not actually related." Coreen scoffs, rolling her eyes.

"Yeah, but they live together. It's weird." Claire replied with a sigh. "And okay, the little dark-haired girl's Alice. She is really weird. She's with Cody... The very hot brunette with glasses." Claire gushes, glancing at Cody wish lust filled eyes. "Doctor Cullen is like this foster dad slash matchmaker."

"Maybe he'll adopt me." Coreen says with dreamy eyes and a daydreaming voice.

"Who are they?" I ask as the two strays from the group walk in together.

"The one who looks pained is Jasper Hale, the other is Edward Cullen." Claire replies. "Totally gorgeous, obviously. But apparently, nobody here is good enough." Claire says with a slight frown. She is gorgeous, why did they reject her? "Seriously, don't waste your time."

Unwillingly, my eyes lock with Jasper's tolaz eyes. His pale lips thin as he walks across the cafeteria with Edward, snapping his attention away from me.

"Wasn't planning on it," I finally reply to my friend.
.....

"Hey," Bella greets me after school as we go to the truck.

"Diner time, isn't it?" I ask with a laugh, feeling uneasy because Jasper is staring at me again~ looking very pained.

"Yeah, Charlie is waiting for us." Bella says.

I sigh, I hate when she calls him by name. Pushing past that, I get into the truck dad bought off Billy Black. The low rumble of the engine actually causes me to jump before the clouds open up, and the rain begins pouring down.

"Of course," Bella grumbles.

The rain actually puts a smile on my face. "Oh, c'mon Bells. Lighten up a little, the rain is gorgeous and relaxing."

"To you, maybe." Bella replies, gnarling her nose at the downpour of rain as she parks beside dad's police cruiser.

"Athena." Cora smiles as I enter the diner with my sister. "I was wondering when you'd stop by. I wanted to offer you a job."

"A job?" I mumble as I open up a menu. "Waitressing?"

"Yes, actually." Cors tried. "wanna order?"

"I want an order of steak and baked potatoes with a sweet tea." I respond. "A job sounds nice."

"Come in tomorrow, and I can train you." Cora says before walking away.

"I have a interview tomorrow." Bella tells me. "At Newton's Sporting Goods."
....

I go straight to my room when Bella park in the driveway, leaving dad to park in the yard. I do what little math and history homework I have, then I take a quick, fifteen minutes shower before getting in bed.

I lay flat on my back, staring at my ceiling. Bella went into her room as I was showering, while dad runs the game on downstairs. I have really good hearing, better than any one of my family.

Smiling at the though of happy I am now, I allow my heavy eyes to close. After a good six minutes, sleep finally finds me and sends me into a world of dreams about Jasper's pained face. Is he a vampire?