21

14 days later.

(Athena's vampire eyes)

It has been two weeks since the Swan/Cullen wedding, and two weeks since Jasper's proposal. Everything has been going good so far. There has been no drama between the species, and each couple is happily in love.

Except right now. My stomach is in knots, because Carlisle and I just spoke with Bella and Edward. She is pregnant. Isabella Marie Cullen is pregnant, and this pregnancy will kill her much to my jurisdiction. I cannot stop it because I know what Bella wants.

Bella will want to carry to term, whatever the length it is to carry an immortal child. The pregnancy progression will kill her, the hybrid baby will eat her from the inside out. The baby will break here bones. Slowly killing her from the day the child was made.

Then, on the final day of the pregnancy, Bella will fall into labor. She will be too weak to handle it, birthing a hybrid. Vampire / human. Bella will be awake for a few minutes before her heart stops. Someone will have to get the child from Edward, and he will inject her with his venom.
--

My hand rests on the railings of the balcony as I see the newest Cullen car pull up. Edward bought it for his wife in Rio. It's such a shame, such a beautiful trip being cut short. I twirl my engagement ring around in my finger as Bella gets out of the car, her brown eyes full of fear and tears.

Edward's eyes lock with mine, I look back regretfully. His eyes are fearful, and he is in pure misery. His wife is dying, and he knows he cannot change her decision. Bella has already decided to carry on with this pregnancy.

After an intake of breath, I go downstairs and find Bella on the couch. Carlisle is having a hushed conversation with Edward, probably about Bella and the hybrid child. My mind wanders to my father and my eyes turn white. .

"Athena?" Carlisle speaks when he watches my eyes change. "What's wrong?" 

"How am I supposed to feel if this happens, and my father is the royalty in this world?" I ask. "How do I feel when this happened to my mother, with out my father's knowing? How am I supposed to feel, Carlisle?"

"Oh Athena." Carlisle sighs. "We will keep Bella safe."

"I'm worried about the child." I defend my words. "Bella will be changed, she is promised life. The baby, however.... Aro won't like this very much when word gets to him...."

"You make a good point." Carlisle says as I see Edward staring at my white eyes, he understands my words too.

"I knew the two weeks of peace was too much to be true," I admit as Cody enters the house with Jasper from a hunt.

"Athena, honey, you're immortal." Cody winks. "Trouble finds us, no matter hard at go to avoid it."

"Don't you just love being immortal?" Emmett asks from the balcony.

"I hate it actually." I reply. "Caius should have been more careful with my biological mother, that simple."

"Don't talk like that." Esme says as she grabs my shoulders.."You're a blessing from heaven, Athena. This is just a bump in the road. The coven and the child will be okay."

"The coven." I correct her. "This child is also also apart this coven, like me."

"Very smart." Esme smiles. "Carlisle had went to get the supplies he will need to monitor this pregnancy from the hospital. He should be back soon."

I eye Bella then Edward, my eyes are still white. This before eye color is rare, according to Aro. White eyes on a vampire are very rare. I'm not full vampire, either. I am part vampire / part human.

I shush Edward as he tries speaking to me. "You've killed her. Line Caius killed my mom."

With those words spoken emotionlessly, I flash up to my room. I lock my door behind me before Jasper can chase me. I'm not really angry, but I'm busy by this. Bella is dying the same way my biological mom did, and I cannot speak to my biological dad about it.

Once I am too tired to focus on my thinking, I close my white eyes. I have a feeling my eyes will be white for a while. A yawn escapes my lips before sleep finds me, unable to get Bella's hybrid pregnancy or of my stupid, immortal brain.