10

(no purse)
A week later.

Baseball is America's favorite sport, according to Edward. He has convinced Bella to come, which surprised the hell out of me. I'm glad she's getting out, he just had to get through dad.

I stayed the night with Jasper, although he made me stay all week since I returned from Italy. So, I've been at the Cullen's wonderful time for a while week.

Esme grabs Bella's shoulders when she arrives, and gives them a gentle squeeze. "I'm glad you're here. We need an umpire."

"She thinks we cheat," Emmett says with a smirk- causing me to laugh.

"Oh, I know you cheat." Esme says before laughing herself. "Call them as you see them, Bella."

"Okay."

The game begins. With my vampire abilities, I'm able to play and have fun with the family. Bella just calls outs and safes while earning glares from Rosalie.

"Stop!" Alice shouts suddenly. "They were leaving, but they heard us."

"Let's go." Edward says down to Edward as I stand tall- bravely.

"It's too late." I say as I hear the dead leaves in the trees crunching.

"Let your hair down." Edward says to Bella.

"Like that'll help." Rosalie rolls her eyes, obviously annoyed. "I could smell her from across the field."

"I shouldn't have brought you here." Edward says to Bella, completely ignoring Rosalie's comment. "I'm so sorry."

"What?" Bella asks, scared. 

"Just enough quiet and stay behind Edward." I demand before I join Carlisle and Esme in the front.

The figures finally emerge from the trees, moving so gracefully it looks like they're flying. There is a female with fierce red hair and crimson red eyes, wearing a cocky smirk. There is a man with dirty blonde hair and crimson eyes, he looks downright evil. Then there's the dark skinned vampire, with dreads and crimson eyes.

"I believe this belongs to you." Dreads says, his French accent heavy, then tosses the ball to Carlisle.

"Thank you," Carlisle says as I eye the female, she keeps eyeing me too.

"I am Laurent," French accent says. "this is Victoria, and James."

"I'm Carlisle, and this is my family." Carlisle says, and Laurent had a look at each one of us. His eyes linger on me for a moment longer.

"Room for a few more players?" Laurent asks as Edward is having Bella leave with Tim.

"A few of us were just leaving." Carlisle replied before throwing the ball.

Victoria throws her hand out and catches the ball, her reflexes are amazing. "I'm the one with the wicked curve ball."

"I think we can handle that." Jasper says with a competitive smirk.

Bella goes to leave and the wind blows hair. As the strong aroma of blood hits my boss, my eyes squeeze shut to surprisingly keep me from attacking Bella. .

"You've brought a snack." James hisses before I'm thrown behind someone.

My eyes run white before I speed in front of everyone, and crouch in front of James protectively.

"A human?!" Laurent gasps, looking at Bella.

"The girl is with us." I demand, the Cullen's are all shocked by my white angry / hungry eyes. "We hold a permanent residence nearby."

"My apologies." Laurent says, staring at my white eyes. "James. Let's go."

Before anyone can ask me questions, I flash back to the Cullen's. I guess my eyes transformed to white when the scent of Bella's blood hit. The anger set in when James thought she was a snack for his satisfaction.
----

I turn to face the trees from the balcony, and I squeal as I find Laurent face to face to me. Our noses almost touch, we are so close.

"I never caught your name, white eyes." Laurent says softly, as he steps back and leans against the balcony railing.

"Athena Swan." I reply. "Laurent, why are you here?"

"I've come with a warning... About James." Laurent says as we go to walk downstairs, and there stands the Cullen's.

"He had come with a warning about James." I tell a frigtened Bella.

"I've come to say James is a tracker, he's grown quite parallel." Laurent says as he joins the foyer floor. "I've grown tired of his games. I would like to offer my help."

"Your help is aporoctaed," Carlisle says. "but unneeded."

"Thank you for coming to us with this, truly." Esme says as she shakes Laurent's hand.

"We appreciate it." I say before flashing to Jasper's room and I send a text to Shelby.
.to Shelby
We need to talk. About another trait I gained.... At school.... I hope.

I hit send before Jasper walks in. My eyes have finally changed back to brown, before Laurent showed up on the balcony. I did move in with the Cullen's. My room is right across the hall from Jasper's. I'm over here a lot, so I'm not alone much at night.

Jasper wraps his arms around me from behind, and nuzzles his face into my neck. I lean into Jasper's arms as we look out his window. The sun is setting, and the full moon is rising. When I hear wolves howling, I burst out laughing.

"This is totally stereotypical, but it's a full moon and the shape shifters howled." I say between fits of laughter. "I cannot stop laughing!"

"We have to leave for a little while, to keep Bella safe from James. "You ride with Carlisle, Edward, Emmett, and myself. We leave bright and early."

I go to my room across the hall with those words, and set an early alarm clock. I guess five, because Jasper never gave a specific time. I collapse into my bed once I'm down and in my undies, and I fall asleep instantly.