New Years

Hey. So I know I've been gone ages, and I'm really sorry. I was finishing my last term of school in Australia, and I've been going through the lengthy process of moving countries, which is always fun. I've just been settling in and dealing with general moving stuff, and I'm also kinda uninspired but I'm getting back into writing, so I should be updating again. Sidenote, would you read a mileven soulmate AU if I wrote one?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The party, Steve, Nancy, Jonathan, Hopper and Joyce had gathered at the Byers-Hopper house for the first New Years Eve since the party had graduated college and started their lives. With Mike and El in Chicago, Max and Lucas in California, Will in New York and Dustin in Connecticut, they didn't see each other as much as desired, so this New Years party was a very welcome reunion. They were all staying in Hawkins for a week and were already planning many nostalgic activities for the rest of their time, including a D&D campaign, courtesy of everyone's favourite DM.

The whole gang was gathered in the living room, waiting for the ball to drop. Everyone was crammed onto the couch and surrounding chairs, with Mike and El curled up on a beanbag at the foot of the couch. Mike nudged her shoulder. "You excited for the New Year?" He mumbled, wrapping his arm around her waist. "Yeah, but I think my midnight kiss is gonna be the highlight." She exclaimed cheekily, smiling up at him. He just smirked and whispered "don't be so sure Hopper" she chuckled. "Mysterious tonight are we Wheeler?" "Hmphf" he muttered, looking straight ahead.

"30 SECONDS TILL THE BALL DROPS GUYS!"
"Oh my god Dustin! WE KNOW!" Max yelled, swatting him on the head as she settled back on the couch. "Here we go!" Nancy exclaimed. "TEN, NINE, EIGHT, SEVEN, SIX, FIVE, FOUR, THREE, TWO, ONE!!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!" They all cheered. Mike smiled and leaned down, meeting El's lips halfway. Even after so many years, he still felt those all too familiar fireworks in his stomach. He knew the time was perfect. While everyone was distracted, he leaned back, fumbling in his pocket and grabbing the little black box. He held it in front of him, opening it to reveal a stunning diamond ring. El gasped and looked at him, tears forming in her eyes. "El" he began, tears forming in his own eyes. "I've loved you since I was 12 years old, and I'm gonna love you for the rest of my life. I've never wanted anything more than how much I want to be your husband. So, Eleven Hopper, will you marry me?" El beamed and kissed him, smiling into his lips. "Yes. Yes! How could could I ever say no?" Mike beamed back at her and slipped the ring onto her finger. Behind them, Max screeched.

"DID YOU JUST- DID HE JUST? HOLY SHIT!"

I'm sorry this is so crappy and short.